Michigan “Boating” in December

Got out on my first snowmobile ride of 2021-22. Earliest for me. Had 2 days of storms. 10” of snow, and drifting of 1-2.5 feet’. Had 1 of our 3 snowmobiles prepped for winter early because I was considering selling it. So…being retired now I got that one out today and did nearly 5 hours of riding NW of Houghton Lake on trails 6/7. Super cold for early Dec (10 degrees, -2 degrees with windchill), but a beautiful day.

I was so THRILLED to go riding today. Not sure I’ll have another chance before January, but if not, today (and maybe tomorrow morning) are my lucky days!

View attachment 31569View attachment 31570View attachment 31571View attachment 31572View attachment 31573View attachment 31574View attachment 31575View attachment 31576View attachment 31577View attachment 31578View attachment 31579
Looks like so much fun! Got cold just reading your post!

Jeff, we were up over the weekend doing more prep work for the remodeling. I thought we’d be on our way home before the storm hit but as you know it showed up early. Ended up winterizing the hot tub in the middle of it. Probably should have borrowed your snowmobile to get home!

We were up Christmas decorating ourselves. My wife and kids left early when the storm arrived ahead of schedule. They still hit horrible driving conditions pretty much to Mt. Pleasant. I was surprised just how bad those two days of snowfall and drifting were up here. I had planned to stay until Monday, but with the snow, stayed until today (Thur) so as to snowmobile the trails.

Hope you got everything set and prepped for remodeling and the winter ahead.

Back