Mid Ship Cleat?

MrG

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered but I have a Question. What is the Mid Ship Hoop on my boat. Its not a Cleat and Its not a Lifting hoop. How is one supposed to use it or Not use it?

And why have I not seen Bennington offer a mid ship cleat. Its nice to tie off a bumper in the center of the boat especially at some docks that are short and the rear bumper on my 25 foot boat is not touching the dock because the dock is a few feet short. You need a bumper mid ship. The midship hoop Im taking about is very  inconvenient to tie off to/ Just wondering if anyone had any insite to this 

Thanks G

Others more knowledgeable can join in but my guess is that the mid ship hoops must be for some use in the factory (maybe lifting the floor frame) and I agree that a cleat would be more functional.  The only thing I use the hoop for is to tie off to a stump when the front or back cleats won't work when the wind or waves will swing the loose end too close to the shore so by using the midship hoop it keeps me well off the shore.

Jack

You can add one. I added one in the front port side specifically for anchoring.......

I take a dock line with an eye loop and run the line through the hoop and the eye and have a tie off rope.  I use it as a spring line for our floating dock.  It works great for us. 

I don't remember a Mid Ship Hoop on mine Does any one have a picture? Where is it located on the deck?

Jeff

I think it's just on the longer Q's and R's. It looks like a little hoop about half way down the boat.

If I am not mistaken ,25 ft & up /monthly_2017_03/large.IO-Inboard-Outboard-Stern-Drive-Pontoon-Boats.jpg.863f518429e8d2ce21796bb58e5bd03c.jpg

I don't remember a Mid Ship Hoop on mine Does any one have a picture? Where is it located on the deck?

Jeff

I know my 22 doesn't have that loop either. As stated must only be on the longer ones. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I believe I have one on mine. Didn't quite understand the purpose and have not needed to use it so far. 

Spring line. Keeps the boat from surging fore or aft at the dock. 

Sorry if this has been covered but I have a Question. What is the Mid Ship Hoop on my boat. Its not a Cleat and Its not a Lifting hoop. How is one supposed to use it or Not use it?

And why have I not seen Bennington offer a mid ship cleat. Its nice to tie off a bumper in the center of the boat especially at some docks that are short and the rear bumper on my 25 foot boat is not touching the dock because the dock is a few feet short. You need a bumper mid ship. The midship hoop Im taking about is very  inconvenient to tie off to/ Just wondering if anyone had any insite to this 

Thanks G

Google "ez fender" they work great for putting out fenders.  I had them installed on my new build.  

Plus 1 on the EZ Fender 

The Q in the photo above looks like it has a slightly different "mid ship cleat" and your correct it a Stainless Hoop, defiantly not a cleat

Plus 1 on the EZ Fender 

+2 on the EZ Fenders.  I just swapped out the silver ones for the newer black ones to match my black out railing.  They look and work awesome.  And my Q has the loop although I really don't use it for anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back