Missing aluminum water deflector plate under right rear

21Bennington

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Bennington 21SXBX swinback with a F70 Yamaha. I was under the boat and noticed that 5 rivets were never installed on the left rear aluminum water deflector plate. Also I noticed that the left rest has 2 aluminum water deflector plates and the left side rear has only the most rear one On the right side? To me that makes no sense as if the left side need 2 water deflection plates why doesn’t the right side ? Maybe someone out there can look under and tell me if the factory never installed the second aluminum water deflector plate on my boat ?
21Bennington

Do you have any pictures? Have you spoke to your dealer?

Here are pictures !
21Bennington

Attachments

• C46E8FD8-1CA5-4A24-82AB-973F9BF57026.jpeg
    C46E8FD8-1CA5-4A24-82AB-973F9BF57026.jpeg
    22.1 KB · Views: 44
  • A8BD002F-0920-48C8-AA14-D18E6A086F00.jpeg
    A8BD002F-0920-48C8-AA14-D18E6A086F00.jpeg
    16.9 KB · Views: 42
I have a 2021 Bennington 21SXBX …Also I noticed that the left rest has 2 aluminum water deflector plates and the left side rear has only the most rear one On the right side? To me that makes no sense …
Your description makes no sense. Are you referring to underdeck sheeting? What is the left rest feature on the boat? I can tell you that my 22 SXSL came with underdeck sheeting only on the port side sufficient to protect the side fill hose.

My 20svl only has sheeting on the rear port side. Seems strange to me.
TT

My 20svl only has sheeting on the rear port side. Seems strange to me.
TT
The single sheet of aluminum on your boat shields the fuel fill hose that runs from the filler on the side of your boat to the transom mounted fuel tank. Turbulent water squeezed between the transom and the tube has the potential to tear the filler hose off.

Your description makes no sense. Are you referring to underdeck sheeting? What is the left rest feature on the boat? I can tell you that my 22 SXSL came with underdeck sheeting only on the port side sufficient to protect the side fill hose.
Thanks, now it makes some sense !
21Bennington

The single sheet of aluminum on your boat shields the fuel fill hose that runs from the filler on the side of your boat to the transom mounted fuel tank. Turbulent water squeezed between the transom and the tube has the potential to tear the filler hose off.
Thanks , now it makes sense!
21Bennington

Back