Modifying Switches

mpelant

Reaction score
Just got our 2250 GPD a few weeks ago and absolutely love it!  Traded in an older Benny for this one and its just perfect for us!  One thing I'd like to do now that I've been on the water for the past two weekends, is rewire the switches a bit.  My current configuration has the following:

1. One switch is for the table and galley "mood lighting" - when that's on, the Kicker speakers also light up.
  2. One switch is for the cupholder lighting.
  3. I have a couple of "empty" switches that I'm assuming are there for features I didn't add like perimeter lighting, power bimini top, etc.

I'd like to move the speaker lighting to its own switch.  I haven't really got under the helm to look at the switches yet but anyone else done this?

One other thing that would be a "nice to have" is to have a dimmer on the table and galley lighting.  Its nice but in the dark, its a bit overwhelming!

Thanks to all on this great forum!

Thanks for the link - very helpful.  Shouldn't be too bad and will give it a shot in the next couple of weeks.  Unfortunately, won't be going to the lake this weekend so it will have to be next!

If I happen to venture into the realm of trying a carling style dimmer switch, I'll let you know.

Back