Mooring cover

Cliff

Reaction score
What alternatives to covering console and seating other then mooring cover?

I just use the mooring cover, after a few times you figure it out and it gets easy.  Takes me about 10 min. to cover the boat.  Worth the protection of the investment.

Dub you're killin me!!! Ha!

There are several members on this forum that have had individual seat covers made for their boats. I'm sure they will chime in. 

But in my humble opinion I feel that it's best to cover the entire boat to protect EVERYTHING instead of just the upholstery. It will protect the floor whether you have carpet, sea grass, faux teak, etc....It will protect painted surfaces, plastic surfaces, aluminum surfaces, your electronics, anything the sun can get to! 

I can't believe how many expensive boats I see in marinas that are uncovered...........

I just use the mooring cover, after a few times you figure it out and it gets easy.  Takes me about 10 min. to cover the boat.  Worth the protection of the investment.

We are in the water, inside a boat house, and still use the mooring cover. We have access to the bow from the dock, and the port side from a finger dock. Takes us less than 10 minutes to uncover, and stow the cover. Less than 15 minutes to cover the entire boat back up. Well worth the time and effort! :)

I have to say the mooring cover for me is a hassle for me as well

Off and on each and every time I take the boat out which is 2- 3 times a day 

My only alternative is a boat lift with canvas top to cover completely 

Cost =  $ 7,000.00 USD

I will bite the bullet in the future and purchase the lift 
captains-wheel.jpg

123733479.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the individual seat covers for my 2016 2275GCW and I like them.

The vendor that supplies the covers to the Bennington factory is Tumacs.

Contact them for pricing for availability.

When I am at the lake house for the weekend and the weather looks good I usually don't cover it every night.  I am out early in the morning and wipe the dew down, along with the spiders and then a coat of 303. 

Once you try individual covers,you'll love them. The full top will be put on if it's going to rain or we go home for the week. It's much easier to put the large cover in the garage for safe keeping and put on the individuals. Also,it's really nice to always have them all rolled up and waiting to be used. We have been known to run into a bar for rain delays.Put the covers on and the seats are nice and dry for the ride home. As my bride says:Ezzy Pezzy.

The issue with the individual seat covers is my carpeted floor would be clobbered with Geese , Heron and Duck droppings possibly !! Many a night I think about leaving Benny uncovered but I struggle through covering it routinely. 

Question

How often do you shampoo - steam clean your boats carpet

I vacuum it routinely but will have the boat detailed during the off season ... is there any recommendation on steam cleaning carpet ?

123742884.jpg

We have to use our mooring cover, the restaurant up the hill from where we dock the boat doesn't use a clean burning fuel in his tiki torches and if I don't cover it, I'll have little soot blotches all over the seats and they're a real bear to clean off. We have the extended aft, so no problem rolling it on from the front to the back. As for the floor I just hose down and brush the seagrass. I've seen our marina just pressure was the carpets on the rentals and they come up looking like new.

We have the snap in carpet and I will pressure wash it in the middle of the summer and at the end off the season. During the winter,the carpet is stored in the loft in the garage away from little rodents. Rug Doctor carpet cleaners also do a great job,especially if your boat is carpeted.

When I am at the lake house for the weekend and the weather looks good I usually don't cover it every night.  I am out early in the morning and wipe the dew down, along with the spiders and then a coat of 303. 

Is that any quicker than removing the cover?

I cleaned the bugs and crap off my seats the second day I owned it, and it took nearly an hour.  Then coming back with protectant would add another 20m

Been two weeks now, and the boat is covered until use...   I haven't been around for a weekend, but I can see leaving it uncovered for the day or even the weekend if it is going to get used a lot.

Getting pretty good at rolling the cover back and pulling the poles.   Drop it right in front of the front rails on the deck and roll it up after unsnapping.  Reverse the procedure for covering.   about 5 minutes flat.....

Yup, I was a bit concerned at the amount of time it might take to cover the boat based upon the comments in this forum but in the two times I've done it so far it has taken less than ten minutes. 

I have a full 30' canopy and the boat always goes all the way up beneath, however we don't always put the cover on during the day when we might be going back out. Usually I lay the cover over the top without every snaps and no poles, but this is what can happen in only a few hours, stupid birds.

The only good news is they didn't hit the seats this time.

Bennington - bird mess  - 1 (2).jpg

Yikes! Bummer...

Is that any quicker than removing the cover?

I cleaned the bugs and crap off my seats the second day I owned it, and it took nearly an hour.  Then coming back with protectant would add another 20m

I'm retired, don't do it for time saving, Like to wipe down the seats with the dew and then 303 to clean up any residue such as suntan lotion and sweat. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back