Moving a battery

Rattletrap

Reaction score
I have a 20sl with a privacy enclosure and the battery is in a bad location. I'd like to move it towards the rail on the port side of the boat has anyone done this? or had it done? was it hard or expensive?

Got any pics. If like typical setup, should be fairly easy. You may need to extend cables, and take couple screws out of battery box to move it (if they used one). Only issue is you'll probably be left with some screw holes in deck. I'd fill with QUALITY 100% silicone if so. 

We moved ours.  We were kind of disappointed all that stuff in our privacy enclosure wasn't efficiently packed in there to leave max room for the porta potty, which we use a lot.

It was easy to move the battery over toward the rail, and we didn't mess with any cables or tubes -- just undid the screws and retapped them in the new position.

We moved ours.  We were kind of disappointed all that stuff in our privacy enclosure wasn't efficiently packed in there to leave max room for the porta potty, which we use a lot.

It was easy to move the battery over toward the rail, and we didn't mess with any cables or tubes -- just undid the screws and retapped them in the new position.

My boat is not readily assessable is it bolted through the deck with bolts and nylon nuts ? How much slack was in the cables ?

Last edited by a moderator:
My boat is not readily assessable is it bolted through the deck with bolts and nylon nuts ? How much slack was in the cables ?

It not through bolted, just screws. There seemed to be a decent amount of slack to move where we wanted, although our power steering pump is also in there so we couldn't move the battery a lot. I was not about to mess with the pump and its hoses. 

Back