My new Benny 22 SSX

brentah

Reaction score
Just pulled my new 22 SSX home today!  Taking it out on the St. Johns River here in Florida tomorrow to meet some friends.  
I ordered it with Yamaha 150, 3 toons, SPS, Sharkshide, Bimini Lights, waveshield, extended bow and deck.

Tested it today with the dealer.  With 1/2 tank of gas and 2 of us(we each go about 250 each) we hit 42.8 mph...I am very happy with that.  Turns real nice and what little wake I could produce it rode over it very nicely.

With the extended deck and the livewell on the back, the ski tow was installed right up the back if the livewell compartment...looks really slick and much better than the aftermarket ones that I have seen installed that go up over the outboard.

Let me know if you have any questions...I did of tons of research right here on this board so if you have any questions about it please feel free to ask.

I have an album in my gallery of a few pics I posted today.  Happy and safe boating everyone.

Brent

Very nice, going to be a great weekend for you

Also, forgot to mention they put a Relliance SDS 14 1/2 - 15 Polished Stainless Steel prop on it...we didn't have it trimmed much and it was a little windy so I think we could probably get another 1-2 mph out of it...bottom line is we can cruise easily about 20-25 mph no problem.

Congrats, Very Nice   

Congrats and enjoy the ride.

Congrats, very nice ride !!!

Looks great! Congrats on such a nice toon.

Looks perfect!

Your mailman is gonna be pissed though...

What's the green fungus on top of the ground?

congrats, great looking toon you have choosen. Cant wait to see more

That looks nice!

Nice! I have a 22 SSX as well, but not quite as well outfitted as yours. Once of these days I'll catch a case of PADs and upgrade to what you've got! :)

Hey brentha,

Great looking boat!!

We paid for ours on Sat and will take delivery on Tuesday. We are looking to have a great time too.

Marc

Congrats!  Great looking toon.  We're waiting on our black 22SLX...can't wait.

Congrats great boat. I was looking at the tow bar set up like you mentioned but had a slight concern that it may cause stress on the aft station. Do you see any reason for concern? Did that SPS set up come with any lifting strakes on the center tube?

Congrats great boat. I was looking at the tow bar set up like you mentioned but had a slight concern that it may cause stress on the aft station. Do you see any reason for concern? Did that SPS set up come with any lifting strakes on the center tube?
Beau,

I see no concern for the tow bar as it extends down through the live-well and is part of the deck....very solid.  Yes the center tube has the lifting strakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
brentah,

Thanks for the reply. The Prop you selected sounds like its producing good results.I have been getting recomendations on a 4 blade though it seems like what you are running may be the way to go for that boat.  

Back