Mystery Electrical Connection

Baron123

Reaction score
IMG2052-L.jpg
Good Day,

Purchased a 2005 22RL with a 115hp Yamaha four stroke on the back last year and love the boat. Had a battery issue this year and while tracking down the blown fuse I found this electrical connection under the instrument panel that is not connected. Everything works and I have no idea what it is for. The tech at the Marina is scratching his head as well. Tech said since everything is working to leave well enough alone and not to connect it. Any ideas what it is for?

Last edited by a moderator:
If everything is working then I would leave it alone. I looked on the schematic I have for my 2007 and there's nothing like that on it. You might try contacting Bennington to see if you can get a copy of the one for your boat. Our boat had extra wiring for a livewell which we don't have, so I used the switch for my power steering.

I have checked the boat papers and no schematic. I think I will stop at the Marina where the boat was sold and see what they say. Thank you for the replies.

IMG2052-L.jpg
Good Day,

Purchased a 2005 22RL with a 115hp Yamaha four stroke on the back last year and love the boat. Had a battery issue this year and while tracking down the blown fuse I found this electrical connection under the instrument panel that is not connected. Everything works and I have no idea what it is for. The tech at the Marina is scratching his head as well. Tech said since everything is working to leave well enough alone and not to connect it. Any ideas what it is for?
Hey Baron, that pink wire is the Yamaha trim harness connector. If you look closely you will see the pink wire on the right side connector is cut. Our guess is that it is then tied directly to the gauge. no worries.

FRIENDLY NOTE TO ALL CLUB MEMBERS: TB is not able to reply to every request for drawings, parts info, etc, but we provide dealers with all of this information so they can assist you! ;) TB

Wiring Schematic 2005 RL OB.pdf

Attachments

• Wiring Schematic 2005 RL OB.pdf
    198.6 KB · Views: 341
Hey Baron, that pink wire is the Yamaha trim harness connector. If you look closely you will see the pink wire on the right side connector is cut. Our guess is that it is then tied directly to the gauge. no worries.

FRIENDLY NOTE TO ALL CLUB MEMBERS: TB is not able to reply to every request for drawings, parts info, etc, but we provide dealers with all of this information so they can assist you! ;) TB
Is it possible to get a schematic for my 2012 2575 RCW ? Looking under the console to find my am radio antenna I saw a few wires to nowhere. Just curious. Thanks Gerry

Is it possible to get a schematic for my 2012 2575 RCW ? Looking under the console to find my am radio antenna I saw a few wires to nowhere. Just curious. Thanks Gerry
On our 07 2275rl it's an amplified antenna that does both. It was ziptied under the helm so I straightened it out and zipped it like a clothesline. I get great reception.

Gerry,Same antenna on ours, just repositioned it and it works alot better.

As for the connectors, the same wiring harness is used for a given series of boat, depending on what options are installed there will be connectors that are not used.

I got a wiring diagram in my owners packet, contact your dealer to see if he has/can get one for you.

Yes I found that and it does work better spread out under the helm. FM is fine. Just want to listen to my Reds on 700 WLW and AM reception isn't very good on the water. My dealer says when I bring it in for the 20 hr. he will put an amplified better antenna on. Will see. Thanks Gerry

Yes I found that and it does work better spread out under the helm. FM is fine. Just want to listen to my Reds on 700 WLW and AM reception isn't very good on the water. My dealer says when I bring it in for the 20 hr. he will put an amplified better antenna on. Will see. Thanks Gerry
My fm was horrible, to the point that I thought it was not connected. I will try repositioning it.

A schematic would be great, I have 5 or so rockers not labeled.

One turned on a bilge that I assume was on the center toon.

Back