Nav light problem

2274gl

Reaction score
Left front nav light has burned out on me twice in the last week since I had my new boat delivered. Right one has caused no problems at all. Any ideas on where I could look for a short or anything? Don't really want to have the boat picked up and taken back to dealer for this. Thanks

Left front nav light has burned out on me twice in the last week since I had my new boat delivered. Right one has caused no problems at all. Any ideas on where I could look for a short or anything? Don't really want to have the boat picked up and taken back to dealer for this. Thanks

Is there water getting into the light? That's about the only thing I could think of to burn out a bulb. A short in the wiring wouldn't do it. You could try replacing the bulbs with leds. I replaced our bulbs with leds and they work great. I didn;t have a problem before though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same issue for a few years. I finally replaced them with LED's. Problem solved. LED's should be standard equipment on all Bennington models. A premium pontoon with old school navigation lights.....just doesn't make sense to me. LED's = CUSTOMER SAFETY :)

New to the site.

We have a '05 2275RL with the molded docking lights on the front of the deck. These also have the nav lights attached to them, so getting water inside seems pretty difficult due to the design.

I've had my port side ligth burn out twice in the last 7 years. The starboard light is still original. Can you provide me a web site where you purchased the LED's?

thanks

I've had my port side ligth burn out twice in the last 7 years. The starboard light is still original. Can you provide me a web site where you purchased the LED's?

thanks
click here Here's where I got mine.

I had the same issue for a few years. I finally replaced them with LED's. Problem solved. LED's should be standard equipment on all Bennington models. A premium pontoon with old school navigation lights.....just doesn't make sense to me. LED's = CUSTOMER SAFETY :)
I have a 2011 2275GCW. Aren't the navigation lights LED? How can you tell? Nothing in the specs about it.

Do you have the plastic light housing or stainless on the front of the boat? Stainless has led's. You also have to remember to use the same color bulb as the lens color. For example, a white led won't show up in a red lens . Red with red, green with green etc.

I haven't had one of these apart yet so not sure what bulb is used. Have you looked close at the bulb to see it it's the filament, or is it that the contact is melted? If filment, check voltage at socket, see what it is. If over 13 plus volts, contact the dealer. Nothing you can do unless you are skillful and want to add a resistor. If melted, make sure socket is dead ( no current) and pull slightly up on the contacts. Add die-electric grease to the socket and install a new bulb. You may want to try a different brand of bulb. If your boat is new, make sure you report this to the dealer. These issues are rarely one-of. This way Bennington can be seeing this in there warranty claims and contact thier supplier to fix it.

AWK

It's a "festoon" bulb in the nav lights. It's 30mm long with the terminals on each end like the old style dome light bulbs.

Back