Need a different prop

jolofree

Reaction score
I have a Bennington 2275GS w/ a Yamaha 150 V-Max HPDI on it.  I'm the second owner, the original owner put a 4 bladed SS 13-3/4X18 prop of unknown mfg on it, I think to have power to pull  heavy loads (4 big guys on a tube) ?  The boat handles well and has good acceleration, pulling a tube or not, up to about 25-30 mph then it kinda stops accelerating and just revs up. I'm at abt 6100rpm at WOT at 30mph,  which is over revving according to Yamaha tech (they said 5500-5800 is ideal). I've trimmed up/down w/o any real improvement.  The motor is mounted in the second hole from the top. Ken at PropGod thinks I need a Quicksilver Q3 15x15 or an Enertia 15x15. He said either one of these would be better than what I have and better than any Yamaha prop,  What do ya'll think?  I'd appreciate any info to save me time/money,    Thanks  jf

Ken is THE man, so I would definitely trust his judgement. 15 pitch sounds about right and the Enertia 15p works well on many 150's, not just Mercs.

Go with ken's recommendation.  The guy knows his stuff 

/gallery/album_549/gallery_1200_549_56500.jpgWe have the Enertia and it works well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back