Need a privacy enclosure.. and quick!

Probably not the ideal time for orientation, but maybe a kind soul who lives on the lake will offer to show us the basics... 
Carl?

You bought a boat in Pa for Lake Norman? Was it that good of a deal? And yes, I'll show you around. Where will the boat be docked on the lake?

When I bought my boat last year I wanted the back loungers, but went with the change room because of installing a porta potty. My wife doesn't do getting in the water and other women that are on the boat don't either, some will, but I have to put up with the wife. I accually put in a porta potty with a holding tank in the change room and had to have them move the battery to make room. It cost quite a bit but was worth it, and accually has been used quite often. The marina I'm at does have a pump out station so it is handy. You can get the 5 gallon buckets with the hole in the top and other ideas, but it comes down to satifiying both parties instead of yourself and I made the right choice. Still wish I had the loungers on the back. 

Happy Boating and please remember our military this Memorial Day (Say a Prayer for Them)

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I'm missing something here but I have a CW with rear loungers and a privacy unit under the starboard lounge. So I thought you could get both.

I'll add my two-cents on the porta-potti...we went with the Clean Waste Portable toilet:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005DQ1Z6E/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1535523722&tag=gglwwa-20&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0000ATP6L&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=19XKM7BW5XF1248PPXE1

We've only had our boat out 3 days, but have used it 2 of the 3 days on the lake.

Instead of buying the more expensive WAG toilet bags, we opted for the DIY toilet bags.  We purchased some of the Glad Flex Kitchen bags and container of the Clean Waste Poo Powder:

http://www.amazon.com/Cleanwaste-55-Use-Powder-Waste-Treatment/dp/B00BFWMJNS/ref=pd_sim_sg_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0GEZ0TEFZAEE17BY8FQ1

You just tie a knot in the bottom of the kitchen bag to make it smaller, then dump in a scoop of Poo Powder and you're good to go...drop it in the trash as you leave the marina.

And congrats on your purchase!

Snakebyte, I had looked at the Cleanwaste toilet a few years ago but was afraid it would be too unsteady to leave open in the privy,  Is it stable, do you leave it open all the time or open and close it for each use?  How high is the seat off the floor?   from the picture it looks like it sits pretty low.  If you close it each time I would guess that each bag is then a one- time user use as well.   We use a full commode and just leave it there all the time which works well and I have thought about customizing it to hold toilet paper on it some how.

Snakebyte, I had looked at the Cleanwaste toilet a few years ago but was afraid it would be too unsteady to leave open in the privy, Is it stable, do you leave it open all the time or open and close it for each use? How high is the seat off the floor? from the picture it looks like it sits pretty low. If you close it each time I would guess that each bag is then a one- time user use as well. We use a full commode and just leave it there all the time which works well and I have thought about customizing it to hold toilet paper on it some how.
Hey Link,

The caveat is that we've only had the boat out three times and used the toilet twice. That being said, I really don't have any concern on stability. The legs are very stable and the unit is as well.

It has a cover that folds over the top when it's not in use and we just left it like that throughout the day. Not too give too much detail, but everyone on the boat used it at least once during one outing (5 of us) and my 3-year old really did a thorough test if you know what I mean.

I'll have to measure it tonight when I'm down at the boat as I'm not sure on the exact height. They say standard height toilet, but is almost guess 1 inch shorter or so. I'll let you know.

Jason

We've had the porta pottie on the boat for over 7 years and never used it. That being said, I just recieved a 10 pack of Sani Bags from Amazon....................just in case.          :D

We've had the porta pottie on the boat for over 7 years and never used it. That being said, I just recieved a 10 pack of Sani Bags from Amazon....................just in case.          :D
Carl I agree, I had the same thoughts which is why I went the 5 gallon pail with the attached closing seat that SemperFi recommended along with cat litter. Much cheaper and seemed sturdier plus a little higher.

Snakebyte, for the stability question, I meant are you afraid of it tipping over as you drive the boat 

When I have a tube on the back and I'm trying to "dump" (pardon the pun) them, I guarantee that sucker better be empty. 

Yeah Link, I left it setup all day. That being said, I wasn't trying to dump anyone off a tube. But was WOT a couple times.

We'll see how it goes!

That's funny.  Today I got my package from Amazon with a 7-pack of commode liners from Carex.  They have the powder in them that gels up.  I think it was something Link said about a week ago that got me thinking about ordering some to have "just in case".

Except for tomorrow.  I'm going to drink water all morning long then test one of them out when we get out to the boat.

That's funny.  Today I got my package from Amazon with a 7-pack of commode liners from Carex.  They have the powder in them that gels up.  I think it was something Link said about a week ago that got me thinking about ordering some to have "just in case".

Except for tomorrow.  I'm going to drink water all morning long then test one of them out when we get out to the boat.
Yup, same reason I ordered them was from Links comment.

We're on our pontoon 2, 3, maybe 4 days at a time. The lake is 21 miles long, and the two marinas are at each end, and mostly wilderness in between. The shore averages a 45 degree  upslope and is out of the question for a field latrine. So, we went with the Thetford Curve toilet, very nice, easy to dump, etc. It was a hit with the wife! Downside is it takes up some valuable floor space.

Yup, same reason I ordered them was from Links comment.
I hope he doesn't start taking about trading up his motor. I don't need to go through that again...

Now I am pissed, where are those sanibags

We're on our pontoon 2, 3, maybe 4 days at a time. The lake is 21 miles long, and the two marinas are at each end, and mostly wilderness in between. The shore averages a 45 degree  upslope and is out of the question for a field latrine. So, we went with the Thetford Curve toilet, very nice, easy to dump, etc. It was a hit with the wife! Downside is it takes up some valuable floor space.
x2 on the Thetford Curve. My wife's single biggest complaint about camping is not having a decent toilet. We haven't had to actually use it on the boat much yet, but we set it up behind our tent at the base of a 70-foot waterfall for 5-days on our last trip. Talk about a scenic place to sit on the throne! :) She loved it and so did I. The height is pretty much like a normal toilet and the electric flush is awesome. We actually had 4 people using it for 5 days with no problems. 

You bought a boat in Pa for Lake Norman? Was it that good of a deal? And yes, I'll show you around. Where will the boat be docked on the lake?
Hi Carl -- thanks for the kind offer...will be in touch when we're closer to our move in August.  Boat will be docked in Sterling Point, which is just No. a bit from Blythe Landing.  As for the PA purchase, it was the boat we were looking for at a very good price.  I wanted a larger o/b and my wife wanted the rear loungers.  I've yet run across another Q series with an F350 Yammy, so it's a fairly unique set-up.  It will cost us a little over $1500 to get it transported but even with that included it was the best deal I'd found for what we were seeking.  Look forward to making many new friends on the Lake!  

Back