New 2023 Bennington LX Sport

BigKahuna

Reaction score
I clicked the link and it went to some guy cooking. Lol

Worked for me. Looks nice!

This is what I get .

Thanks for sending. Looks really nice and love the white engine.

A few nits -

- Would like to see Bennington get away from the Carling style rocker switches on the mid-to-higher dollar models. Just make the push button LED ones standard. The competition is really innovating and putting lots of eye candy into their newer models. These switches aren't cheap for sure but with buyers willing to pay a little extra for a Bennington quality I think it could make sense

- The upgraded windscreen is nicer than the standard, but still wish they offered an even taller option. Especially on the higher-horse models that can go 45+ many folks especially up north or in the mountains could benefit from getting out of that cold breeze

- Electric bimini motor sounds like it struggles a little. Maybe a function of it being 12v or space limitations but it just doesn't sound like it's happy.

Overall good to see the continued innovation, and with the increased competition for higher dollar pontoons it will be good for the consumer in the long run.

Thanks for sending. Looks really nice and love the white engine.

A few nits -

- Would like to see Bennington get away from the Carling style rocker switches on the mid-to-higher dollar models. Just make the push button LED ones standard. The competition is really innovating and putting lots of eye candy into their newer models. These switches aren't cheap for sure but with buyers willing to pay a little extra for a Bennington quality I think it could make sense

- The upgraded windscreen is nicer than the standard, but still wish they offered an even taller option. Especially on the higher-horse models that can go 45+ many folks especially up north or in the mountains could benefit from getting out of that cold breeze

- Electric bimini motor sounds like it struggles a little. Maybe a function of it being 12v or space limitations but it just doesn't sound like it's happy.

Overall good to see the continued innovation, and with the increased competition for higher dollar pontoons it will be good for the consumer in the long run.
I agree, that power bimini sounds like it would last maybe a season at best.

Really digging the head light integration, other than that I can't say there is much of a wow factor from previous years.

R's and Q's have the push buttons on the helm .

The LX isn't cheap either - they're marketed as "premium, high-end, luxury" and those lower tier switches just don't scream premium, high end or luxury. After options these are $70-110k boats so what's another $800? I went to the online builder and it's not even an upgrade option.

Just a suggestion if big brother is watching!

I would think that some things have to be model specific or no one is going to buy the higher priced models.
In the past , higher end models had 16 in spacing on the cross members , Now they are all 24 . The was no mention of it made . I found out on my 2020 when I looked under at the dealer .

Interesting - the boat cover appears to have converted to snaps based on this video. I love the clips...... I like the regular LX with the cutout seats better, that new Glass Window is sweeeeet.

Interesting - the boat cover appears to have converted to snaps based on this video. I love the clips...... I like the regular LX with the cutout seats better, that new Glass Window is sweeeeet.
That is an interesting change.

The change over to the snaps in my opinion, probably reduces the cost of manufacturing. I feel sure the process of putting the grove in the rails for the clips was an expensive process, as well as the installation of the clips on the covers. I guess it is the new norm.

I got my 1st Bennington in 2013 ,the slot in the bottom of the rail was on that one . The clips were added as a no cost option after

The change over to the snaps in my opinion, probably reduces the cost of manufacturing. I feel sure the process of putting the grove in the rails for the clips was an expensive process, as well as the installation of the clips on the covers. I guess it is the new norm.
I have had both snaps and clips. They both take about the same effort. At times they both can be a bit frustrating. The grove in the rail is not a secondary operation. It is simply built into the shape of a low cost extrusion. The switch to snaps cannot be justified by cost because snaps have higher assembly cost. Unlike snaps clips do not have to be lined up perfectly with their location on the rail. Custom fit snaps cost more. Bennington must have some other justification than cost for their use of snaps.

I saw an lx sport at the boat show in Birmingham, Alabama. The reason for the snaps is that the aluminum skin below the snaps is on the outside of the tubing. So, only the side is available. Therefore only snaps can be used.

Back