New 2575 RSB

packman

Reaction score
Build date is May 10th! Wonder how close that will be to reality? Either way, looks like we should be ready for memorial day. Sold the 2015 21 SLX on Saturday. New owner got a good one! Will post pics once it's visible.

Congrats Packman! Where are you from?

Sounds very nice. We're taking delivery of a GCW 2574 in a couple of long weeks. Pictures to follow... :)

Welcome Packman 

Congratulations on Build Date 

Looking forward to plenty of pictures

123640647.jpg

We hope to hear about progress later this week. Hoping for a few progress pics, but I know that is a long shot for a particular boat amongst all the others being produced. Just could not get there for tour on production date.

Recieved confirmation that boat is built and is due to arrive next week. Should be good to go for Memorial day. Could possibly pick up next Saturday!

Recieved confirmation that boat is built and is due to arrive next week. Should be good to go for Memorial day. Could possibly pick up next Saturday!

That's AWESOME! Memorial Day Weekend on a Boat reminds me of 3 things. The first snow of the season in Iowa, a light dusting of snow or ice in Texas, and a hard rain in Southern California. Why? A majority of the people forget how to drive!

HAVE FUN, STAY SAFE, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD ON A SWIVEL!!!!

Took a quick peek at the boat last weekend while being prepped. Looks fantastic. Hope to take delivery on Thursday. The blackout with Smokey Gray panels and black trim really looks sharp! Added the 6YC digital monitor instead of gauge package. That looks good as well.

I love the 6YC I'm sure you will also; especially how easy it is to watch your fuel efficiency as you play with the trim.

Actually we love the entire 2575 rsb, welcome to the RSB club, we like to layout, you'll be amazed at how nice that aft bed is.

2575rsb - 4+dog

Thanks krcossin,

How is the power of the 300? We have the same power. I take it you like the 6YC? Is it east to read? Color good? How many hours do you have on the boat.

What color boat did you purchase? Looking forward to getting it on the water. I do like the rear sun pad. I'm sure we will get much use out of it since we spend more time in the water than out. Ha Ha

The 6YC is easy to read, especially the very large RPM / trim level and fuel bar graphs.  I get mesmerized looking at the smaller numbers: speed/econ/fuel flow rates as we cruise.

One issue I have is no data for my engine water temperature.  Not sure if this is related but my Garmin 53dv has a problem with it's transom mount transducer which provides lake water temp, depth and fish finding sonar, none of these are working either.  I tried wiping/cleaning it and look but was not able to find any loose connections under the helm, will wait for it's 20 hour service to have repaired, not willing to lose my weekends now.

See this video I took of my first WOT taken at the 2.1 hour engine time, note: no data for engine water temperature (bottom left bar graph)

https://goo.gl/photos/ErvDqripfUeSPXB78

Going from 6mph to 38mph in 9 seconds isn't too bad especially with full 50+ gallons of fuel and 6 people on board.

The troll feature is just that, put the throttle in forward gear idle, switch the 6YC over to the Troll and hit SET, this engages the feature, then arrow up to 1000 rpm it adjusts the rpm in very small increments, much more control compared to the actual throttle which can be touchy (I've made my first mate fall and my deck hand almost fall overboard - I do not advise playing with the DEC throttle if your first mate is walking around, wait for her to be comfortably seated!)

The Yamaha F300 is really impressive for it's smoothness, quite operation, and power.  I don't care much for going over 45, but it can and did a little.  Hole shot is very fun and will be easy to yank any wake board / skier up and out quick, but with the tritoon not producing much of a wake, the fun factor will be much less than a true ballast wake boat.

Our colors are admittingly a bit of a hodge podge, but it's all good we are happy: regatta blue with champagne accent and champagne canvas, ivory classic interior with napa beige stitched accent, full seagrass, raised helm...

Lake Murray looks like a great place to explore!  I have a good friend in McCormick SC, not too far.  I know your feeling, trust me the wait will be worth it, before you know it you and your family will love going out on the boat!  One tip: make sure you know how to convert the swing back, I never asked, was never shown, so we spent a half hour on something so simple (lift and shove it port).  And have them show you the radio, for the life of me something so simple as pressing source doesn't do what you think it will, you then have to rotate the volume knob, then press the knob to select the new source, another half hour gone, on the boat, so it's all good.

Last edited by a moderator:
KR,

Thanks for the little video. Looks nice. I will inquire before delivery on those features not working on yours. Have you had a chance for WOT RPM reading? Only saw 5200 on your video. What was top speed with the full tank and 6 people on board?

Thanks for the tip on radio. Those little things drive me crazy.  I'm a when all else fails read the manual kind of guy!  Ha HA. I believe there is an engineering change coming for the rear seat to make it easier. Not sure if yours or mine has it. Easy to upgrade I'm told by dealer when available.

More to come!

I know we hit 45.8mph, I forgot the rpm with full tank, 6 people on board but didn't leave it WOT very long, not even 30 seconds, so I don't know what the true max rpm/speed is yet, I doubt I will be able to attempt a high speed run this holiday weekend due to hot weather and all the visitors to our small lake which is fine.  And the fact my first mate doesn't really love going over 40, this is the big difference for us coming from an open bow, the windscreen protection.

Please let me know if you hear something about the swing back change, I will ask my dealer when it goes in next.  It works fine, I just didn't know how it was suppose to work, however I would accept an improvement.

When are you going on your maiden voyage?  Be safe.

Back