New Bennie On My Dock!

Luv2BeCruisin

Reaction score
Received our new 2275GCW on Thursday night just before the crazy rain storm that cancelled school all over for Friday. Absolutely love it! We had 12 people on it yesterday for a leisurely cruise around the lake and everyone was raving about how smooth the ride was. So far I am only unhappy about 2 things which isn't too bad.

1) The lockable plastic holder on the helm in front of the captain's chair is not aligned well and does not close correctly. I don't think that it will lock either. It looks like someone put the screws in a hurry and missed on the alignment.

2) The latch for the lockable compartment in the helm is too big. It rattles like crazy when the boat is underway. It sounds like its clicking the whole time. Its almost like the latch is too big for the space its in.

For the price of the boat I expect that fit and finish to be better. :-(

Otherwise the boat is great! Pictures to follow. We are having issues uploading the pics onto our Mac for some reason.

Congrats on your new Benington! Have your dealer look into the two items that you mentioned and they should be able to get you squared away. Enjoy.

Received our new 2275GCW on Thursday night just before the crazy rain storm that cancelled school all over for Friday. Absolutely love it! We had 12 people on it yesterday for a leisurely cruise around the lake and everyone was raving about how smooth the ride was. So far I am only unhappy about 2 things which isn't too bad.

1) The lockable plastic holder on the helm in front of the captain's chair is not aligned well and does not close correctly. I don't think that it will lock either. It looks like someone put the screws in a hurry and missed on the alignment.

2) The latch for the lockable compartment in the helm is too big. It rattles like crazy when the boat is underway. It sounds like its clicking the whole time. Its almost like the latch is too big for the space its in.

For the price of the boat I expect that fit and finish to be better. :-(

Otherwise the boat is great! Pictures to follow. We are having issues uploading the pics onto our Mac for some reason.
Hi Cruisin', we're sorry your latch is not aligned properly. Normally, our latches align and console doors do not rattle, even at high speeds. Please allow your dealer to help remedy the situation...if need be, we can replace the entire door. Thanks and enjoy your new ride! TB

Thanks. We told the delivery person that dropped off the boat. I will stop into the store tomorrow to reiterate it.

Hopefully we can get it fixed without having the whole elevated helm replaced. We are expecting to have a service guy out the house in a day or so. We do not want to give up the boat after just got it. :-(

Back