New Bennington cover question

Looney Toon

Reaction score
We just brought home our new Bennington. The boat is kept in the water fully covered with the canvas cover. This morning the cover was very wet from the overnight moisture. The area where the boat is docked receives sun a good portion of the day. We're just concerned that the moisture will cause mildew to form under the cover if kept covered for an extended period of time. Anyone have experience with this or offer any suggestions? Thanks!

Ours sits here without a problem. I leave the gates open for added ventilation.

We just brought home our new Bennington. The boat is kept in the water fully covered with the canvas cover. This morning the cover was very wet from the overnight moisture. The area where the boat is docked receives sun a good portion of the day. We're just concerned that the moisture will cause mildew to form under the cover if kept covered for an extended period of time. Anyone have experience with this or offer any suggestions? Thanks!
Ventilation is the key. As long as you get air circulating under that cover you shouldn't have a mildew problem. If you keep your cover on your toon for an extended period of time or for when you put your toon away for the winter.............I use containers of Damp Dry on the floor throughout the toon for added protection. It will suck up any moisture that is under your cover............

(Quick note to CWAG911........Can you make that pic any bigger? My eyes are going bad. Ha!)

The Surlyn cover is meant to breathe to prevent mildew and mold. Even putting our boat away with wet carpet from swimming has not been a problem. Enjoy your new boat!

[quote(Quick note to CWAG911........Can you make that pic any bigger? My eyes are going bad. Ha!)

Daril, that's as big as it'll let me make them.

Back