New Bennington owner questions

Outbackeagle

Reaction score
I received my new 2020 23sx bennington this weekend. Two questions: I have a flush mount Simrad screen with the yamaha connection, is there an hour meter? I couldn't find an hour meter in any of the settings and there isn't any other guages on the boat. Also do they normally come with a screen cover when not in use?

Last edited:
I received my new 2020 23sx bennington this weekend. Two questions: I have a flush mount Simrad screen with the yamaha connection, is there an hour meter? I couldn't find an hour meter in any of the settings and there isn't any other guages on the boat. Also so they normally come with a screen cover when not in use?

yes there is an hour meter. You can set up and customize your screen viewing.

no screen cover. Its made for all weather/moisture conditions, safe to get wet and clean off when dirty.

They do make a screen cover. Depending on how it is flush mounted, sometimes you can use it, sometimes you cannot. Ours is flush mounted, but the clip on Simrad cover still clips onto it just fine. I like it for added protection of the screen. It‘s a white plastic cover that says Simrad across it. I can try to get a picture of it on ours tomorrow if I remember to do it and post it.

They do make a screen cover. Depending on how it is flush mounted, sometimes you can use it, sometimes you cannot. Ours is flush mounted, but the clip on Simrad cover still clips onto it just fine. I like it for added protection of the screen. It‘s a white plastic cover that says Simrad across it. I can try to get a picture of it on ours tomorrow if I remember to do it and post it.
Is this something you bought or did it come with your boat?

Is this something you bought or did it come with your boat?
It just came with the boat. Ordered and received out boat in 2017. Always a chance they don’t just include them anymore, but I’d at least ask the dealership about it.

MInimally, you can go online and buy one if it didn’t come with one. However, depending on how they flush mounted the Simrad (seems to vary, which seems weird to me), sometimes they wont clip onto the Simrad. Speculating here, maybe it wasn’t included if they already knew that the way they mounted the Simrad precluded the cover from being able to clip on...?

My 2019 came with covers for the Yamaha display and the Simrad. They may have discontinued supplying the covers. I only cover mine when I put the boat away for the winter.

Okay...got our boat back in the water dockside after its long winter slumber. Here are some pictures of My Simrad cover (G05):

54E1A813-C6B3-4F91-8000-C590B33D777C.jpeg2EE12BA1-F9AD-4A61-BAA6-A1239CE137B5.jpeg7EC47997-954D-44F8-ADF7-BEF599CCAD21.jpeg

Back