New Bennington Owner

Well, I realize this string of posts is a few months old but I guess I'll join in the mix for the fun of it anyhow... Wife and I are new to pontooning. Right now we trailer our 2012 RCW2575 Benny around on a Venture tandem axle trailer to various Finger Lakes
in NYS. Love it! Had to do some trailer mods though. Had noticed a 4-5 inch bow in the frame piece the toung mounted to.
So off to the scales I went. The boat weight with engine and gear maxed out my trailer weight rating.. Too close for my comfort level. I replaced the original frame piece with a larger frame piece and extended the frame to mount to a cross member. Now the trailer rides level without needing the ball to be 5 inches higher to accommodate the bow in the frame.. (Regarding the post above) In my opinion about trailering, be sure your tires are rated for the weight your carrying including proper air pressure. Also, the axle weight rating is important, as well as the hitch rating. That's just the trailer part. Then your vehicle is another piece of the puzzle. If you want to know for sure, go to a scale and have your boat weighed to find out if your within the weight specs for your trailer.
Hope this helps a little...
Chris
benny3.jpg benny1.jpg benny2.jpg benny4.jpg

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking boat. I really like the CW floor plan. A question for you. Where does the playpen cover attach at the stern with the open railing?

Hey there, Steve. Thanks for the "welcome".. My snaps follow the side railing down to the floor, then comes around the back at the bottom of the loungers, then into the transom. The tow pole sticks out through a hole in the canvas.

Well, I realize this string of posts is a few months old but I guess I'll join in the mix for the fun of it anyhow... Wife and I are new to pontooning. Right now we trailer our 2012 RCW2575 Benny around on a Venture tandem axle trailer to various Finger Lakes
in NYS. Love it! Had to do some trailer mods though. Had noticed a 4-5 inch bow in the frame piece the toung mounted to.
So off to the scales I went. The boat weight with engine and gear maxed out my trailer weight rating.. Too close for my comfort level. I replaced the original frame piece with a larger frame piece and extended the frame to mount to a cross member. Now the trailer rides level without needing the ball to be 5 inches higher to accommodate the bow in the frame.. (Regarding the post above) In my opinion about trailering, be sure your tires are rated for the weight your carrying including proper air pressure. Also, the axle weight rating is important, as well as the hitch rating. That's just the trailer part. Then your vehicle is another piece of the puzzle. If you want to know for sure, go to a scale and have your boat weighed to find out if your within the weight specs for your trailer.
Hope this helps a little...
Chris
View attachment 23450 View attachment 23451 View attachment 23452 View attachment 23453

How long is that setup? From tip of the tongue to the back of the motor. Maybe it's just the angle, but it looks way shorter than both my 2275 RCW's were. Do you have any pictures after your 'upgrades'?

The set up length is a good question! I never measured the total length... It has to be about 32 feet.
Here is a picture of the trailer mod. and a brochure picture just to show how it was originally assembled.
.trailer mod.jpg VP-24-30.jpg

My first Pontoon, I've owned boats for almost 30 years. Loving it so far

Im new to the forum, a Bennington owner since 2016 and just picked up our new 2. Back in 16 I knew nothing about pontoon boats and while lookig for a used pontoon, the first time I laid my hands on a Bennington rail I could feel the quality, I then searched for a slightly used Benny and found one coming off of a rental fleet made a slight upgrade from a 25hp to a 75 Optimax Merc. From that point on We were Benny Fans.
We needed a little more from our twin log and 75 hp. On a whim we listed it for sale and sold it for more than we paid for it 4 years ago. Then we went back to Winnisquam Marina in NH we found our new 2021 Swing Back with a 200 hp Yamaha took it for its maiden voyage yesterday.
AMAZING RIDE

Attachments

• 20200808_135645.jpg
    20200808_135645.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 20200821_130011.jpg
    20200821_130011.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 13
  • 20200821_130037.jpg
    20200821_130037.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 13
Looks great and might go a little faster than the last one

That’s a heck of an upgrade. I can only imagine the difference in how it runs and performs. Enjoy all the years ahead on that beauty. We have a 2017 SSBXP with the SPS and 200hp ourselves. Love the layout, and love the 200HP.

Back