New Boat has damage

Absolutely get it fixed.
May I make a suggestion? Tell them not till the off season though. Don't give up any of your summer for this, which in my opinion looks like your fine to use it. I don't think you have a leak from what I see. Have them fix it during the winter. Dealership might take it for a few weeks. Hate to see you without your new toy. Here in Michigan we only get 6 months.
I feel like we have about 3-4 good months of boating here in Michigan. The rest is garbage: Cold, windy, bad waves, cold rain…eck.

May and October are not very warm. Our Mother's Day fishing trip this last weekend, we all had on winter jackets, it was 38° when we hit the water. Brrrrrr!

Attachments

• IMG-20220508-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220508-WA0000.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 10
May and October are not very warm. Our Mother's Day fishing trip this last weekend, we all had on winter jackets, it was 38° when we hit the water. Brrrrrr!
I think they said yesterday was the coldest Mothers Day on record here in NC. Was 53 for the high at my house. And it seems to rain every freakin weekend lately. This coming weekend, too.

Last edited:
And up here in the north it was mid 70s yesterday and 83 right now .

As others have said, try and go through the dealer first - since this is in the back by the motor I don't know how anyone could claim it was a rock or stump without a long scratch going forward, or from the rear without damage to the lower unit or prop. Very high probability this was done unloading or pre-rigging. But we know how people tend to act, deny deny deny because at the end of the day someone is going to have to stroke a check.

Stick to your guns and hopefully the dealer will want your business for many years to come and try to resolve this amicably. On the flip side don't burn your bridges with the dealer either because there will be times you need them for parts, service or a bigger warranty claim and will need a friend. Hope you get it resolved quickly and to your satisfaction!

I had a pontoon damaged by my marina when lifting it about one year after I purchased it.
My advice: Contact your dealer for repair AND contact Bennington directly. Get advice from both about how to best repair or replace the pontoon.
You can be sure Bennington will reach out to your dealer and your dealer will cooperate to avoid hurting his reputation with Bennington.
Insist on repairs under Bennington's supervision and a new 10 year warranty after the work is completed.
Bennington is very good about these things. They will make sure you are make whole.

I think they said yesterday was the coldest Mothers Day on record here in NC. Was 53 for the high at my house. And it seems to rain every freakin weekend lately. This coming weekend, too.
Took my wife to Shelton Winery in Dobson yesterday. A comfortable 62 sitting on the terrace listening to live music. Had a nice dinner afterwards! Have you been?!? It was better than the 92 degrees in Georgia this past week!

Took my wife to Shelton Winery in Dobson yesterday. A comfortable 62 sitting on the terrace listening to live music. Had a nice dinner afterwards! Have you been?!? It was better than the 92 degrees in Georgia this past week!
Have not.

On the flip side don't burn your bridges with the dealer either because there will be times you need them for parts, service or a bigger warranty claim and will need a friend. Hope you get it resolved quickly and to your satisfaction!
This is Important Advice!!!

Living through needing it ourselves. We are currently relying on good will and “a friend” in the dealership dropping a charge as we wrap up our boat situation after nearly 12 months of repair work/parts issues. Insurance clammed down on 2 aspect of claim supplementals from this past winter, so ideally the dealership will drop one of the two fees involved that doesn’t really “cost” them anything. We’ll see. Find out Thursday when I head up.

Minimally, I think years of working with the same service department rep has at least built good will with him to go to bat for me with service dept. manager over the above 2 charges. You just never know when you might find a positive relationship with the service department beneficial…even if it requires “biting your tongue” every now and then if something seems a little sideways.

Back