New boat ordered today!!!

We were hellbent on vinyl flooring, till we saw how dirty it gets and figured we'd be spending every weekend scrubbing the vinyl.

This was on units still sitting on dealer lot for sale, with the aft vinyl. I was surprised the dirt and dirty footprints that showed so easily.

We ended up with RLI leftover, so it became a moot point.

I agree with the warranty, it's really a no brainier I think. Especially for a motor that I thin just came out last year.

Power assist will be determined after we use our Bennington for the first year and see how it works with our boating style.

As far as the speakers go, I thought kickers were the best they had. I don't remember seeing any upgrade. I was however going to try and find the model of kicker speakers that are in the boat and see about adding an amp or whatever to give it an extra kick. I am not too savvy on stereo stuff but I have time to do a little research.

Tad, we will definitely spend more time over on the Mississippi next year.

Thanks guys!!!!
They are Kicker KM6130 4ohm speakers

Derrick

EBay has the Teleflex power steering pumps from time to time at much cheaper prices than at a dealership or thru the manufacturer--even after installation. They appear relatively easy to install, but have to be bled. And two batteries and a Perko switch are needed for power hungry pumps, if your boat doesn't have them.
I added the power assist pump to our boat 2 years ago and we only have 1 battery. While the boat is running and you're turning the steering wheel, the volt meter doesn't move. I think the Mercury power assist is the one that's power hungry if I'm not mistaken

Derrick, thanks for the info. We have the stern lounge upgrade which gives us 6 speakers. Like posts said before I think the stereo will be an upgrade from what we had in the Crownline but we may get the urge to rock out once in a while. I will be doing my homework to see if we need to add anything to it..

Semperfi, I believe you keep your boat in the water all summer also correct? We will not have a lift or canopy or anything, only the playpen cover. Do you have any issues with the carpet drying out. I would be covering it after every trip back or would you suggest what TomS said about putting the playpen cover on and leaving the door panels open to allow air flow and dry out the carpet. I do have it ordered with mocha palm and would really hate to change our mind after finalizing the deal, I just don't want to regret it either. My dealer was hammering the point about having to maintain two floors with the snap in carpet and I'm sure with the texture of the vinyl that it would probably be worse than just the carpet.

Between all the feedback on here and with the great warranty on the Bennington with a 5 yr warranty on my Mercury motor I really do feel good about our decision to switch over to Bennington. You guys are great and I can't wait to offer my first hand knowledge come next year. Thanks for everything.

I was really impressed looking at the maintanence manual for the mercury Fourstroke, everything seemed clear and very detailed.

Thanks again

Semperfi, I believe you keep your boat in the water all summer also correct? We will not have a lift or canopy or anything, only the playpen cover. Do you have any issues with the carpet drying out. I would be covering it after every trip back or would you suggest what TomS said about putting the playpen cover on and leaving the door panels open to allow air flow and dry out the carpet. I do have it ordered with mocha palm and would really hate to change our mind after finalizing the deal, I just don't want to regret it either. My dealer was hammering the point about having to maintain two floors with the snap in carpet and I'm sure with the texture of the vinyl that it would probably be worse than just the carpet.
We get some at the side door, but nothing major. I won't let my doors open as we have seagulls and too many other critters around here, and I don't want them inside. Our carpet has never gotten soaked as we have not been caught in a rain storm yet. I'd rather deal with wet carpet though, then bird crap all over the carpet. We cover ours EVERY evening when we return.

I think you will be fine with carpet. In all our years of boating that is all we have ever had and had no problems. As for our playpen cover it has air vents at each of the post supports. And the gates have gaps to let air flow through on side and back should be fine. Save the money... Do you have power available on dock at marina?? Hope so so you can vacuum out after your done with at the beach...

I agree, $290 is a great price, my Yamaha extra warranty for 2 additional years was around $1500, luckily they had a promo on and it was free.

I still like the power steering, not quite sure what someone was meaning by full revolutions to turn, I turn the wheel and the motor turns, pretty simple. I do love it. Did you do any addition to the speakers? ie; the Wet Sounds? Sounds like a great build, you'll love it!

Derrick
I agree, 290.00 for 2 additional years seems very reasonable to me... when you stop and consider what shops are getting for hourly rates ( $100 an hour here ), it wouldnt take very long to blow past $290.00 I got lucky when I bought my toon... Yamaha was running some kind of special, if I ordered my boat and motor by the end of that month, the yamaha factory warranty of 3 years would be extended to 6 years at no extra charge... Have only had the boat 2 years so havent needed the warranty, but nice to know it's there for the next 4 years....as for power steering, my boat only has a 75 4-stroke on the back so I don't need it.. but I have heard that when you get up around the 150 hp range you should "think about it"... and that if you're buying a 200 or better, you really would need the power steering.... I laughed when I read one of the posts that said something about turning their toon at 30 miles per hour... the only time my toon see's 30 mph is when it's on the trailer....again, congratulations on the new toon,... don't forget to post some pics when you get her....

Roland

Are there any promos on yamaha right now? I almost ordered a 2013 this past weekend but a dealer in our area was all over the place with his figures (even though we were told this is the day to buy a boat)

Are there any promos on yamaha right now? I almost ordered a 2013 this past weekend but a dealer in our area was all over the place with his figures (even though we were told this is the day to buy a boat)
Where are you located?

It's best to check their website, they have a promotions Page I believe.

Derrick

How did you get 6 years on your Yamaha, I got 5 I think on my 2013 Yamaha 70hp

Ron
Ron, back when I was shopping for a boat in october of 2009, a friend of mine at the boat dealership called me and said Yamaha was running a promotion that added 3 additional years to the outboard... the only catch was you had to have either purchased or placed your order by the end of business on October 30, 2009. It was called "YES" or Yamaha extended service... My friend called me on the 29th and I placed my order on the 30th. Got in just under the wire.... just checked my paperwork, yamaha warranty on my f75 expires on Oct. 30, 2015.

Roland

Back