New Boat!

With the trim close to 3/4 of the way back and nobody sitting in front of me, the spray from the pontoons don't start until about a 1/3 of the way from the front.  With the trim down all the way, water splashes up against the shield things on the very front of the pontoons.  It seems as if I'm getting the nose cones out of the water enough, just lack the grunt to get me up that little bit.  From all the reading I've been doing, the larger diameter & blade area of the new SS prop should get me there.  If it doesn't, I'll be raising the motor to the 2nd hole from the bottom.  It seems to me that the express tube really sits the rear of the boat far down in the water, and that with the engine in the lowest position, it's setup for a regular 2 toon.

Was the speedo a GPS? What prop were you running and where was your motor mounted?

I want to say a 14 pitch, aluminum. Can't remember the mounting hole. I'll try and did through some photos but I might not find it.

I want to say a 14 pitch, aluminum. Can't remember the mounting hole. I'll try and did through some photos but I might not find it.
No problem. I think the strakes do add a pretty good amount if speed.

Speed yes, turning no. Glad to have the sps over two with strakes any day!

lt2.jpg

Good Luck with The Benny 

Hope it gives you a lifetime of memories 

I had often thought my motor was mounted too low, but it doesn't take much trim for it to ventilate, and so moving the motor up a hole would just make that a lot worse.

Can anyone else with Express verify the spray he's getting?
Looks like mine with the new express tube. The express tube just pours the water out the stern.

The top speed seems low. I got 28 out of mine with 2 tubes. I'll be speed testing mine this weekend. We'll see if there is any increase.

We were out again tonight. Couple of things I noticed. I love the way this boat drives. Gets up on plane so easy. Still tops out at 29, but that's with throttle left on the table as I'm bumping up against redline. New ss prop should be in tomorrow.

The big thing though, seems like no matter how I trim the motor, the speed stays about the same. At as close to wot as I can get without hitting the limiter I get 28+ with it trimmed all the way down. At a quarter up it might touch 29 every 20 seconds or so. With the trim any further up I can feel the bow rise, but stays at a firm 28 all the way up to about just shy of 7/8's trim where it starts to drop to 26-27.

Do you think because I'm hitting the rev limiter and not able to go WOT, especially when I trim, that my speed doesn't increase with trim? Hopefully this is all moot with the new prop. I plan to hit lake minocqua this weekend for those that visit the area often :).

Thanks

Chris

Back