New Owner of a 2275GCW

To all who participated in this thread a big thank you. Bennington shared the specific info and spec for the boat. They will allow dealers to order less than required items for ESP performance based on dealers perception of their market. Also there is a hydraulic assist as termed SeaStar which in this case is packaged as a bundle by Yamaha. No power distribution panel and no power steering assist ( this is a hydraulic pump and required hoses). Installing this on this boat requires s change to the helm as well. All for an after market cost $3000 and change. 

I have elected to custom order the same model boat with the correct an required features except for the in tube auxiliary fuel tank the lake we use most is only 26,000 acres. My wife gets to choose the colors and I get the features all for the same cost as an aftermarket retrofit and it will be a 2017 model. 

Thank you for helping me make a better decision. 

Smart move! Down side is the wait. Did you get an estimated delivery date? And by the way,I know everyone will be interested in all the details. Congrats on your purchase.

I have elected to custom order the same model boat with the correct an required features except for the in tube auxiliary fuel tank the lake we use most is only 26,000 acres. My wife gets to choose the colors and I get the features all for the same cost as an aftermarket retrofit and it will be a 2017 model. 

Electric power assist is worth the wait, wouldn't own a boat without it!!!

I have elected to custom order the same model boat with the correct an required features except for the in tube auxiliary fuel tank the lake we use most is only 26,000 acres. ...

Congrats on your decision to get what you really want.

I'm not sure what this option is, but 26,000 acres is a lot of water! These big outboards can burn a lot of fuel if you play too much (20+ gph), so a good size fuel tank is important. Mine is 55g in the center tube. Even on our tiny (by comparison) lake I still appreciate not having to re-fill it constantly.

Congrats on your decision to get what you really want.

I'm not sure what this option is, but 26,000 acres is a lot of water! These big outboards can burn a lot of fuel if you play too much (20+ gph), so a good size fuel tank is important. Mine is 55g in the center tube. Even on our tiny (by comparison) lake I still appreciate not having to re-fill it constantly.

+1. At 26K, your lake is larger than the biggest inland lake here in Michigan. Unless you just putt along, I'd strongly recommend the large tank. With my set-up, I can go through 25 gallons in a day. It might be a bit more money, but I don't think you'll regret it down the road. Just my two cents... 

I'll take that into consideration. The dealer is checking into what best offer he can make me on this option. He says the 8 other Benningtons he sold this year for use on this lake were all without the extra tank and no one has complained about refueling too often. Maybe boaters here are just too old (not unlike me) to be thrashing around at top speed. At 3600 rpm or roughly 22mph continuously the rig would use about 2.5gph. That should yield at least 8 to 10 hours on water with the standard tank.

Extra tank is msrp listed at $1600. 

I have attached the portion of my build sheet that shows the ESP option. Notice that even though I have the ESP pkg the center fuel storage is a separate line item. /monthly_2016_07/large.Capture1.JPG.e06477f4f56a4c2a1bdde3d909b0c032.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new boat! I'm a believer on ordering exactly what you want. I'll take a vehicle on the dealers lot but not a boat. Too many variables and specific options needed for each boater.

Are you talking about an "auxiliary fuel tank", as in a second one? If so the standard ESP 55g (+$1524) in the center tube should be plenty.

Back