New owner, used boat, need help

donvannest

Reaction score
I am the new owner of a 2003 Bennington 2575 RLX pontoon. This is my first boat and I may have bitten off more than I can choose in this boat. By the features that it has, you can tell that this boat was very nice at one time, it is pretty rough right now. I don't think the previous owner ever put the cover on. Even though this is Michigan, we get a lot of sun in the summer and anything that was not under the top looks to be shot. I plan on bringing the boat back to its prior glory, hopefully, but there are a few things I need to replace right off the bat and need some help identifying what I need.

There is no stern light, what can I use to replace it? Does it need to be Bennington or can I get a universal one? There is no table leg, what size and legth should the leg be and are they universal? What info do I need to replace the depth finder transducer?

Thanks for any help.

Don

Welcome Don. The stern light can be replaced with any light that fits. Depending on what depth finder you have (probably Garmin), go to their website and you can find out which transducer will work, or if it's still on the boat, it'll have a number on it. The table leg I think can be purchased at West Marine etc.

There are different table mounts used, just make sure to get the proper style. There's drop in, twist lock, twist and turning lock ring.

As Carl said, almost any stern light can be used. Just buy a quality one, or you'll be replacing it two years from now.

Thanks for the responses. I'm sure I will have more questions once I get the boat in the water.

Thx, Don

Pics might help on items like the table post. I have a 2002 2275RL which may have similar components, and am happy to help. Also find a local dealer, you can provide your SN/VIN # and they can get all kinds of info direct from Bennington. Don't forget to try and register the boat with Bennington, you might be eligible for the lifetime deck warranty.

Pics might help on items like the table post. I have a 2002 2275RL which may have similar components, and am happy to help. Also find a local dealer, you can provide your SN/VIN # and they can get all kinds of info direct from Bennington. Don't forget to try and register the boat with Bennington, you might be eligible for the lifetime deck warranty.
Ok stupid question here....but how do you register the boat with Bennington? I bought my 2005 just two years ago. Is there a link on their web site? I have given Mandy my HID (VIN) before so maybe she's already done it for me.

I believe Carl posted this for you, but in the wrong thread.

*edit - Must have been for something else. The way I registered for deck warranty was to gather my VIN info and contact Bennington Customer Service, although the correct way is probably to contact your Dealer.

Last edited by a moderator:
You sign up, and enter it under "My Bennington Boat Profile". It is different than the forum (user name = email address), but you can get to the forum from that site.

Back