New Owner with questions

BAK

Reaction score
Looking for a little help on a new to me 2011 2275RCW.

1) Has anyone ever removed the door between the loungers?  There is sill a chain at the rear however I can see wanting to access the rear lounges while underway and the door will just be a nuisance.  If anyone has removed the door what did you do with the area where the hinges are mounted to the side of the loungers?

2) The horn on the boat is not working and I have looked everywhere for it, anyone know where it is?

3) The side door was never used on this boat and the bow gate seat was placed on the port side where the gate is.  I now want to put the bow gate seat back in the bow.  The problem is the gate door won't open and close very well.  I tried WD40 and working it up and down and nothing.  I was unbolt it from the fence and bring it into the house to work on it but its riveted in.  It does not appear to be rusted or bent.  hoping there is  some fix I am over looking.

4) I have a Sony Stereo with the remote on the dash.  what is needed to hook up a IPod?  I am thinking I want to run a wire thru the drain hole to the location opposite the GPS on the dash and have the IPod there, anyone done that?

5) There are 2 USB connections under the dash, one is a male and one is a female.  If I trace them they appear to go to a bundle of wires directly under the GPS.  Any idea what they are for?  Should I plug them into each other?  GPS powers up but I have not had a chance to see if it works properly.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Brian

Still looking for a granite cooler table if anyone has one they want to part with

I have four gates, and with just the 2 or 3 adults the bow and stern gates are a little troublesome for me. Even when the grandkids are visiting it wouldn't be a problem if they were removed. They swim like fish, and they are 10-16 years old. I may remove mine and try it.

The horn on mine is behind the rub rail, starboard bow, just under the cleat. Hopefully someone will chime in soon and help you with your other questions.

#4 - Mine is a 2012 R and has the remote. There is a USB port on the helm, I would expect that you would have one as well, perhaps you overlooked it

I haven't seen mine ,but I was told there is not a USB port on the helm any longer on the R's . I hope who ever told me is wrong 

Jack, I think that might be because the newer ones are all Bluetooth, but I would think the 2011 models would have a USB port.  They come with a little snap in cover to keep water out

Last edited by a moderator:
My s has a USB port.

Yes

I don't have a USB on my "S" helm, just the 12V and an aux jack on the stereo.  

Interesting .

I didn't have one on my SLX last year either .

I still think I will add one . See how everything works out .

This damn thing wont let me quote! anyways,

#1 Don't know, I ordered mine with just the stainless gate,

#2 It should be mounted up on the starboard side about a foot from the front, give or take

#3 Don't know

#4 You should have a USB port on the dash beside your 12V port. Just plug it in. I believe if you hold down the "Mode" button on the dash remote it allows you to control the songs on the actual Ipod instead of through the remote. You can still use the remote for skipping songs, it just makes it A LOT easier for searching through playlists and what not be cause it sucks trying to do it on the dash remote!

#5 Not sure, but if you don't have a USB port on the dash, then I would assume that you could order one from your dealer and mount it and then connect using one of those.

Interesting .

I didn't have one on my SLX last year either .

I still think I will add one . See how everything works out .
I guess I'll have to look closer on Saturday as I haven't seen it in almost 4 months...

Back