new prop

bassn429

Reaction score
was just wondering if anyone out there is useing tne quicksilver nemisis 4 blade alum. prop and how they like it

It doesn't appear that many have jumped on the bandwagon for the new Merc Spitfire either. Typical Mercury hype for any of their new products. There are very few posts on the internet from anyone that has actually tested one.....positive or negative. I will say that I have tested the Solas Amita 4, which is VERY similar, with excellent results.

I have to say I am pleased as can be with the Enertia 3 blade Merc prop on my boat. No slip out of the hole, holds great on turns, and has a good top speed also.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just noticed on my new 2275 GCW with a 90 hp Merc it has an 11p prop. Wouldn't I be able to get more speed by using a 13p prop?

I just noticed on my new 2275 GCW with a 90 hp Merc it has an 11p prop. Wouldn't I be able to get more speed by using a 13p prop?
What is your speed and WOT. That's the only way to tell if you can go to a larger prop.

It doesn't appear that many have jumped on the bandwagon for the new Merc Spitfire either. Typical Mercury hype for any of their new products. There are very few posts on the internet from anyone that has actually tested one.....positive or negative. I will say that I have tested the Solas Amita 4, which is VERY similar, with excellent results.
I am very happy with my new Spitfire. A slight increase in speed and rpm with a light load, but it really improves performance heavy loads on the boat.......

Good to hear. I've had the same results with the Solas Amita 4 on the 2 tubers.

Last edited by a moderator:
just put the new nemesis 4 blade prop on. Havent had a chance to test it yet but looking forward to wed. to test it out . I'll let u all know how it performs when i get back from labor day vac. next week. Going to burn some fuel and put some more hrs. on the boat. :D

Tested ou t the new prop and was impressed with the results. New 4 blade prop 13.8 x 10 2 people on board full tank of fuel and gear. Hit 19mph and 6200 rpm and boy what a differance in take off it got up and went. With 11 people people on board i was still hitting 6000 rpm. With the old prop 14x11 I was only able to hit 17mph with 4 people on board and it got there slow and could only get 5100rpm out of it. So needless to say i love the 4 blade prop.

Back