New to Pontoons-Order new LXSB

On a related note what type of boat lift do most use? I will leave on a lift from 4/15 to 11/1 during the year. Looking a a Shorestation with the Toon rails.

If you get an ESP, you would need to modify the center lift bracket if it is any sort of cradle. You’d be fine on a lift that uses flat boards under each pontoon. You would not have any worries in this regard with the SPS or SPS+.

First two years we had a great lift and canopy system. Cradle bunks, very robust, remote control, etc… However, our lake level varies significantly through the season so we had to move it to deeper water by Aug. (PITA). I also hated having to navigate the boat into the lift in rougher conditions due to the width of canopy support arms (120” apart).

Switched to Sea Legs in our 3rd year and sold the lift & canopy.

Much prefer the Sea Legs! Not even a close call for me. Basically have our lift with us wherever we go. No more worries with fluctuating water levels. Can lift it anywhere I want in 6’ or less of water.

However, we gave up the canopy (which does stink), and you lose anywhere from 3-5 mph in performance depending on your boat and motor combination. I think we lost around 3 mph at WOT on our 24’ SPS with 200 Merc Verado Pro. I can feel it handle and accelerate a little bit differently as well, but no one else really notices that.

I’ve heard good things from people with the Shorestation with toon rails. If that is the route/set up you want, it should be a very reliable one from what I hear.

I agree with Vikngstaff's comments on the Sea Legs. I had a ski boat that I would alway dread driving onto the lift especially if there was a cross wind and people on board. When I purchased my Benny, I opted for Ultra Legs (same as Sea Legs, just made by a different vendor) and what a game changer that was. Pulling up to the dock and dropping the legs couldn't be any easier and less stressful even with people on board; It's like you know what your doing...

Mine does too. However, since we don’t put it up very often, that is a non-factor for us. And when it is up, we are usually anchored and lounging/swimming, or maybe slow cruising with company (but even then it is rarely up). If we want a lot of shade, we hang out lakeside on our deck and patio umbrella. Ha, ha.

But for some that want their bimini up as much as possible when boating, this may be an issue. It is rated for 30 mph, but like you said, has a rattle to it as you move above 25 mph or so. The rattle does not inspire confidence when going a little faster…
I only put the bimini up once ( day we brought it home ) . It rattled when closed and wrapped with the boot . Dealer had a fix but I sold it before it was installed

I only put the bimini up once ( day we brought it home ) . It rattled when closed and wrapped with the boot . Dealer had a fix but I sold it before it was installed
Yikes. Something wasn’t installed right on that one. Ours is solid when closed and wrapped in the boot. Looks sharp too in the radar position. Sorry your’s was a dud.

Yikes. Something wasn’t installed right on that one. Ours is solid when closed and wrapped in the boot. Looks sharp too in the radar position. Sorry your’s was a dud.
Their fix would have stopped the back from falling ( unless you have someone to hold it ) when removing the boot too , that is main reason I went no power on the 2022

I wish I had the electric Bimini. Being in Texas, that bad boy goes up as soon as I back it out of the dock and stays up until I make the turn back into the cove to dock it. I have a double decker dock so I have to bring the Bimini to the trailering position during the higher lake level days. Towards the end of the summer I can put it in the radar position and be able to lift if out of the water without hitting the Bimini. Not a big deal but it seems im always moving that cover up and down...its a life saver in our heat.

Just had to replace the cover after 1 season, a little hole formed. Covered under warranty.

On a related note what type of boat lift do most use? I will leave on a lift from 4/15 to 11/1 during the year. Looking a a Shorestation with the Toon rails.
I have a Shoremaster 5500lb with pontoon kit (side rails and 3 sets of bunks) for my 23SSRCX. Works well. Not cheap though unfortunately.

Back