No Oil @ ETEC G1

Mooze

Reaction score
2018 150 ETEC G1. For second season in a row on first start it alarms and the no oil light comes on. Last season they replaced internal oil filter, check valve, and sensor. Here we sit again this year with same issue. Has anybody else experienced this problem?

We don’t get a lot of Etec motor people in the forums. There was one person a couple years ago that was ALL IN on the ETEC’s. I am not sure if they still follow, but hopefully they or someone else will be able to respond with insights.

Seems unusal to have the same sensor issue (?) two years in a row, as its not a complaint that’s otherwise appeared in here. Is there an ETEC group you can also reach out to as well to see if it is a known issue on the G1’s? Not sure there is a good ETEC knowledge base in this group.

Otherwise, welcome to the group. Any pictures of your 2018 you care to share with the boat gawkers amongst us?

There probably aren't many BRP owners here, plenty of Mercury and Yamaha.

I would start with making sure oil is flowing and no obstructions (i.e. air bubbles), then move to the sensor. While they say it's new, is it really? Maybe pull it and see or clean.

There is an Etec owners group forum that you should check out as there will be a lot more information and owners there.

Good luck!

Back