Non Standard Toon Configuration

JDA

Reaction score
I am hoping one of you with awesome knowledge can help me determine exactly what Bennington I have. I recently acquired a 2011 Bennington 22SFI Salt Water Edition, according to the invoice and the hull markings. It was sold new from a Bennington Dealer in South Jersey. I have the invoice as well as the original 2011 Bennington Catalog with specifications for all 2011 models. Come to find out my 22SFI does NOT have the specified tubes, even though the beam is standard width. This pontoon boat came from the Dealer with two 32" by 25" elliptical tubes installed, and it is NOT a Tritoon. Referring to the 2011 specifications, these tubes were not offered on any S- Series boat that year.

Two questions.

1) Can anyone tell me what exactly it is that I have and provide Specs?

2) Can anyone tell me what kind of trailer bunk configuration will work with this hull?

Thanks

You can contact Bennington with your hull ID. I do not have the contact information with me right now . You can try a search in the upper right. Ill post it tomorrow

Here is the contact information .

(888) 906-2628

Bennington has offered twin ellipticals for quite some time (e.g. your 2011). It is a great configuration, certainly the fastest of the 2 toon boats they've ever offered and handles rough water very well. It won't turn like a 3 toon boat with strakes, but is very stable, maximum buoyancy.

Bunk configuration is the same as any "standard" 25" or 27" toon, you'd just flatten them out a bit more, as you would on a 3 toon ESP center toon.

The elliptical tubes were offered for many years prior to 2011. I know of a 2008 on my home lake that has them.

Can anyone tell me what kind of trailer bunk configuration will work with this hull?
The challenge with the elliptical tubes is the centerline of the tubes are about 8" narrower than the round tubes. I adjusted my bunks towards the middle of my Hoosier trailer as far as they will go.

Back