North East Get-Together

Would you be interested in attending a 2012 Get-Together?

• Total voters

WoodenPontoon

Reaction score
Hey all you NE tooners

Does anyone have interest in a get-together in 2012? It would be nice to meet up at a lake for a weekend.

What dates would be of interest? Any recommendations for a location? I have included a poll to collect some information.

Last edited by a moderator:
My boat is on candlewood lake. While I have a trailer I have not yet tried to lake hop. Candlewood is such a large and diverse lake I have not gotten tired of it, and despite the boat being on the water and in a slip I still do not make it out as often I would like.....so hauling to another lake is probably not in the cards for me.

Hey all you NE tooners

Does anyone have interest in a get-together in 2012? It would be nice to meet up at a lake for a weekend.

What dates would be of interest? Any recommendations for a location?

My boat is on candlewood lake. While I have a trailer I have not yet tried to lake hop. Candlewood is such a large and diverse lake I have not gotten tired of it, and despite the boat being on the water and in a slip I still do not make it out as often I would like.....so hauling to another lake is probably not in the cards for me.
Maybe we could try one on Candlewood. I have wanted to get there, but haven't so far. Candlewood is only about 2 hours from me.

What type of facilities are available? Marinas? Lake front restuarants? Lodging?

The lake is roughly in the shape of an H, spanning 5 towns, appx 100 miles of shoreline. it's 5,400+ acres. There are several marina's, I can recall at least 4 with gas docks. There are several places to launch depending on which town your in. There is only 1 on the water place to eat, Down the Hatch. Lodging off the lake is plentiful in the more commerical area of Danbury, less so in the other towns of Brookfield, Sherman, Fairfield, New Milford. It gets very busy on the weekend however there are still quiet places on the lake if you know where to go. A quick google on the lake will give you plenty to read.

Maybe we could try one on Candlewood. I have wanted to get there, but haven't so far. Candlewood is only about 2 hours from me.

What type of facilities are available? Marinas? Lake front restuarants? Lodging?

The lake is roughly in the shape of an H, spanning 5 towns, appx 100 miles of shoreline. it's 5,400+ acres. There are several marina's, I can recall at least 4 with gas docks. There are several places to launch depending on which town your in. There is only 1 on the water place to eat, Down the Hatch. Lodging off the lake is plentiful in the more commerical area of Danbury, less so in the other towns of Brookfield, Sherman, Fairfield, New Milford. It gets very busy on the weekend however there are still quiet places on the lake if you know where to go. A quick google on the lake will give you plenty to read.
dmctruby, Thanks for the quick overview of the lake and what it has to offer. I think it would have everything needed for a local get-together. Where are you on the lake?

I would like to know wether or not the local NE members might be interested in a get-together for next summer on Candlewood. I will be very happy to try to get things organized, but I need input of interest, dates, alternate locations. I will do some research on Candlewood and report back some of my findings.

Thanks,

Dan

I am in Brookfield, in the Brookfield Marina cove.

dmctruby, Thanks for the quick overview of the lake and what it has to offer. I think it would have everything needed for a local get-together. Where are you on the lake?

I would like to know wether or not the local NE members might be interested in a get-together for next summer on Candlewood. I will be very happy to try to get things organized, but I need input of interest, dates, alternate locations. I will do some research on Candlewood and report back some of my findings.

Thanks,

Dan

I am in Brookfield, in the Brookfield Marina cove.
You seem to be in a near perfect location! Your Marina is 102 miles from my house, there is a Days Inn in Bethel which is only 6.5 mies from the marina, and the restaurant that you mentioned earlier, Down the Hatch, is only a mile from the marina by car or possibly 2 miles by boat.

Additonally, your marina is a Bennington dealer!

Does the marina have transient slips available?

Is there a fee to launch or retrieve from the marina?

How close is the nearest free launch to Brookfield?

We should seriously try to set something up for next summer.

Are any dates better for you? (Please see the poll that I added to my first post on this thread.)

Dan

My Marina, Brookfield Bay, has a great owner. I do not believe that they have very many unspoken for slips. If you have a total boat count and a projected date I could ask the owner about options however launching for pontoons might be an issue. The marina ramp is very steep and very confined, on a busy day not ideal. In fact I launch my boat at the town park next door...but that is for residence only. I do not recall a free to launch at the Danbury CT ramp. There may be a parking fee....I would have to look that up I never used it. Yes, down the hatch is close, has free slips to park for customers. There are plenty of nice spot on the lake to beach up and tent out or stay overnight. The lake in the northern sections has a good deal of undeveloped shoreline. Yes the hotel you mention is an easy drive to the lake, it's a good low cost option, recently renovated and popular with the professional fisherman who come to the area for tournaments. If you choose a bass contest week that hotel might not have any rooms.

Hey Everyone,

I hold positions in Admin, Sales & Media for Brookfield Bay Marina and we would be interested in hosting such a get together.

We could accommodate an event for everyone June 9-10th if that works for everyone and we'll even cook! There's a great restaurant available also if you want something after hours and we would be happy to provide fellow Bennington owner's slips for the day...we hold aside slips anyways for brand new Bennington Sales. You could launch for the day, even bop around the lake and we would be more than happy to help increase Bennington enthusiasm. Come test ride a triple toon if you like, we've got a couple demo boats in the water.

I would be happy to help with logistics. Please let me know if you're interested!

Cheryl Maher

Brookfield Bay Marina

Back