Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners Corner:

Hey Skeptic, WOW, really sweet looking boat you have there! I bet you turn a lot of heads with that one. Have you had it on the water yet? We have been in the upper 60's-7o's here in Kansas, so it won't be long before we get to go on the maiden voyage, can't wait! Have fun out there.

Hey Skeptic, WOW, really sweet looking boat you have there! I bet you turn a lot of heads with that one. Have you had it on the water yet? We have been in the upper 60's-7o's here in Kansas, so it won't be long before we get to go on the maiden voyage, can't wait! Have fun out there.
G&B...Thanks for the compliment on the boat. Nope....I haven't had it in the water yet. The dealer did a test ride to checkout the prop and to make sure all was okay and that's the only time it's been in the water. Temps have been up here too but the lake was about 11 ft above summer pool so it was full of debris. I just didn't want to take a chance. Waters have receded some but now cold weather and more rain is coming this week. It's a real buzz kill. Hopefully in the next week or two the temps will come back up and the water down. Its getting harder to be patient.

Be sure to let us know the details of the application once you get finished. Thank you.

Oh! Almost forgot....I finished applying the 303 Protectant one the interior of the boat. Here are some pics:
Tritoon........very nice! :)

Can't wait to see more pics!

Wishing warm TOON weather your way.

Your boat looks just spectacular, Skeptic!! And you have excellent taste; ours is the same colors except with a black bimini and cover!

The Sharkhide arrived yesterday and I bought 12 cotton diapers for application. Picking up our baby on Saturday...chance of snow. Weather looks iffy for next week too...and we have had so much rain in the last week that the river is high and running fast.
sad.gif
Hopefully we will have a few good days to apply the Sharkhide soon. If the river closes and we can't launch.....DRIVEWAY PARTIES!!!
laugh.gif

Praying for warmer, sunny days for all of us who are suffering with the tail end of winter......

Jody

PS: I thought of another boating rule: Ask people not to stand or kneel on your seats. We ended up with several seats on our old boat splitting at the seams because of kneeling. Warranties don't last forever!!

After much debate, i decided to go ahead with the Sharkhide. Last night i thoroughly washed and dried the toons. Today i got my diapers, gloves and can of Sharkhide out. Funny how the fear of the unknown can make you hesitant to do something. So i went back to the Sharkhide website for some reassurance. The job went pretty smooth, but there are a few things i felt i should mention. Do this in a well ventilated area, but not where breeze can blow dust onto the finish, Sharkhide eats latex gloves, use nitrile as recommended, i only used 1 diaper, just keep wetting and refolding it, don't over wet the diaper or it will run down the toon. I only used about 1/3 of the can to do 2 toons inside and out. Lastly, just take your time and get good even coverage. I will let you all know how well it works after a few times in the water.

After much debate, i decided to go ahead with the Sharkhide. Last night i thoroughly washed and dried the toons. Today i got my diapers, gloves and can of Sharkhide out. Funny how the fear of the unknown can make you hesitant to do something. So i went back to the Sharkhide website for some reassurance. The job went pretty smooth, but there are a few things i felt i should mention. Do this in a well ventilated area, but not where breeze can blow dust onto the finish, Sharkhide eats latex gloves, use nitrile as recommended, i only used 1 diaper, just keep wetting and refolding it, don't over wet the diaper or it will run down the toon. I only used about 1/3 of the can to do 2 toons inside and out. Lastly, just take your time and get good even coverage. I will let you all know how well it works after a few times in the water.
What did you use to wash/clean the toons with..Did you do this while on the trailer and how much coverage were you getting on the toons..What model do you have....Thanks :)

You are so brave!! LOL!! Thanks for all the great tips.

Did your toons have the white spots all over them before you used Sharkhide? There have been so many threads about this...I can't remember if you did or not! Sorry!

If you did....did it help to hide them?

Thanks, Jody

Hi all, I used car wash soap and a car wash mitt to clean the toons. I did it on the trailer, and covered the toons and the panel up to the deck on the outside, and up to the support brackets on the inside. I also covered the transom/engine mount as well. I just put on one coat for now, we'll see how that holds up over this season. It is a 20SLi w/T50 Yamaha. And yes Jody, it has the white specks on it, and did not help hide them much. But i thought covering it now would keep it from getting any worse, and they aren't that noticeable unless you look pretty close. And it did seem to give the toons a bit more shine. Now if we can just get her on the water, it's cold and rainy here again!

Thanks for the reply on what you used to clean the toons before applying the Sharkshide...I have a new 2575RCW i bought in the fall and its only been in the water 2 times for set up and checking things out ...The toons are clean yet obviously but i want to wash them up before applying the Sharkhide ...I was going to buy the cleaner from Chris but maybe i do not need that....Thanks again ;)

Something I haven't seen on here is everyone washing and cleaning their pontoon be mindful of the edges of aluminum that the pontoons attach to for sharpness. My wife found out the hard way when we were cleaning them Saturday, she found some black grease between the edge of the mount and pontoon and when she tried rubbing it off, it sliced her thumb just as if she was cut with a razor blade. We were unaware of how sharp the edges can be so for those like us cleaning their pontoons, watch those edges.

Back