OEM Replacement Cover

First time post on this forum. I have a 2003 Bennington Pontoon that needs a new cover. This boat used to belong to my father. I am in contact with Tumac to start the process of ordering a replacement cover. I have the Hull ID # from the boat registration, but Tumac is also requesting the boat model number. I am sad to say that I don't have the model number (I've looked through all the paperwork I have) and I don't know how to find it. Is the model number located on the boat somewhere? Sorry for the newbie question.

Email Bennington with the hull #, they can give you the info.

Here is the link to contact Bennington

First time post on this forum. I have a 2003 Bennington Pontoon that needs a new cover. This boat used to belong to my father. I am in contact with Tumac to start the process of ordering a replacement cover. I have the Hull ID # from the boat registration, but Tumac is also requesting the boat model number. I am sad to say that I don't have the model number (I've looked through all the paperwork I have) and I don't know how to find it. Is the model number located on the boat somewhere? Sorry for the newbie question.
Or just have a Sunbrella cover made by a local canvas guy. It's a premium fabric that breathes.....

It's 2023 has anyone contacted Tumacs for a cover?
Just have a local canvas shop custom make one for you. They can use the same material as a Tumacs cover. Surlast. Or you can have a premium Sunbrella cover made. It'll fit like a glove!

It's 2023 has anyone contacted Tumacs for a cover?
Yup and they have gone through the roof!!!!! This is from Jan 2023
Here is the email I i got from them. Back in 2021 it was $1250.

Todd,

Here is the new quote for the replacement Playpen Cover. We have had a couple price adjustments since I quoted you back in 2021. The lead time is still the same. This quote is based on the new cover having Single Bimini Cutouts (2 cutouts on each side) for the Bimini supports. If you have something other than the Standard Single Bimini Top please let me know.

New Cover in Surlast material (what Bennington uses now) $2,088 plus shipping

Color: Burgundy

We are running approximately 8 - 10 weeks from the time you place your order.

**Note: We do not install the snaps on our replacement covers (if your original cover came with snaps). We do supply them to you so that either you or your local dealer can install them. A basic snap tool can be purchased at a home improvement store such as Lowe’s or Home Depot

I bought a Tumac cover for the 25rcw in 2018. $625

Just got a new one from Tumacs in Jan. Similar in price, a little more for longer size. Snaps take some time, but not hard to do. Fits like a glove!. And, I'm very glad I did it! Well worth the investment

Just got a new one from Tumacs in Jan. Similar in price, a little more for longer size. Snaps take some time, but not hard to do. Fits like a glove!. And, I'm very glad I did it! Well worth the investment
I just ordered one from Tumacs. Our local shops are about the same price and the fact I have to tow the boat to them and let it set outside while they do the work and have the interior get nasty, I'll just install the snaps while the boat is still in indoor storage.

Wait times were reduced to 6 weeks and new material is Ecolite vs Surlast. The EcoElite material is 7 oz material just like the Surlast according to Tumacs. That is what Bennington is using now from the email I got.

I just ordered one from Tumacs. Our local shops are about the same price and the fact I have to tow the boat to them and let it set outside while they do the work and have the interior get nasty, I'll just install the snaps while the boat is still in indoor storage.

Wait times were reduced to 6 weeks and new material is Ecolite vs Surlast. The EcoElite material is 7 oz material just like the Surlast according to Tumacs. That is what Bennington is using now from the email I got.
Interesting. I had no idea there was a change up. I will be curious as to why the change, and how the new material holds up. Hopefully an improvement, which would be great for you.

I was a parts guy for 13 years at a Bennington dealer. Here’s what I can tell you as far as years, application changes and availability.
Mid 2013 Bennington began the shift from snaps to clips. Some of the 2013 boats have the clip channel Uber the rail, yet still had snaps.
The clip cover is night and day different from the older snap ones. They reduce cover time significantly and are equally or more secure.
Bennington will not sell the replacement canvas direct, only through dealers. When you call a dealer have your serial or Hull ID when you call as the dealer can not place an order for canvas without it.
When ordering a cover for a boat requiring snaps, the cover will come with a snap kit as they will have to be installed in the canvas to match the location of the snap on the boat. To DIY, a snap tool will be required and an hour or two of patience.
Todays fabrics are far better. They build breathability into the fabric at the same time as being lighter weight, water repellent and more durable.
This being said, they are not inexpensive. Plan on that cover to cost $1500 or more depending on model and year.
Bennington is one of the few manufacturers that does have covers going back many years. Give your local dealer a call or, if you want me to be your guy, I could handle placing orders.

Right on I had my 2013 cover replaced under warranty. I purchased the Snapmpress tool by Hoover, expensive but a piece of cake to use I can always sell it. I then sold the boat and bought a new one the new covers are a breeze to install.

Wow, they sure have gone up in price. 22SSRX Sunbrella now $2860 plus tax and shipping.

Back