OIL

liljake83

Reaction score
Its almost time to do the first service on my 150 hp mercury i was just curious what oil do you guys use conventional or synthetic and what brand mercury, amsoil or something else thanks

When we had our first service done 6 years ago, They used dino oil and also at the second year. My dealer told me that you want the rings to seat before you use synthetic. Since the 3rd year I've been using Pennsoil synthetic. It's probably overkill but being from a car backround (Porsche/Mercedes tech for 20+ years) overkill for me is ok. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
When we had our first service done 6 years ago, They used dino oil and also at the second year. My dealer told me that you want the rings to seat before you use synthetic. Since the 3rd year I've been using Pennsoil synthetic. It's probably overkill but being from a car backround (Porsche/Mercedes tech for 20+ years) overkill for me is ok. B)
I dont believe in the cant put synthetic in until it is broke in because many cars come with synthetic from the factory but i'm with you overkill is ok

Back