OK... looking for your thoughts

With the cover off of the motor, and not running, push the throttle all the way forward and see if at the motor, the linkage hits the stop. You should be able to see the throttle housing where the linkage is connected. I hope I made this easy to understand. I was in the car business for almost 40 years. Good luck and btw, did your dealer check this?

With the cover off of the motor, and not running, push the throttle all the way forward and see if at the motor, the linkage hits the stop. You should be able to see the throttle housing where the linkage is connected. I hope I made this easy to understand. I was in the car business for almost 40 years. Good luck and btw, did your dealer check this?
Thanks Carl... yep you made it clear as a bell! Will be up at the lake this weekend and will have to check it out!

Stacey

The throttle travel to WOT is a relatively simple thing to check as Carl stated. I hope this is the cause of your performance woes because it's just a matter of linkage and / or throttle lever adjustment. Your 150 should easily spin that 15p into the upper 5K rpm range. If the throttle is reaching the stop @ WOT, then you've eliminated it as a possible cause and it's time to try a few different props.

Did you visually check the part number, diameter and pitch that is stamped on your current prop or are those the numbers that the dealer wrote on the paperwork?

Last edited by a moderator:
The throttle travel to WOT is a relatively simple thing to check as Carl stated. I hope this is the cause of your performance woes because it's just a matter of linkage and / or throttle lever adjustment. Your 150 should easily spin that 15p into the upper 5K rpm range. If the throttle is reaching the stop @ WOT, then you've eliminated it as a possible cause and it's time to try a few different props.

Did you visually check the part number, diameter and pitch that is stamped on your current prop or are those the numbers that the dealer wrote on the paperwork?
Yep checked the prop is what the paper work says it is...

Just want to say thanks to everyone for pitching in here and trying to help us out!

That's why I love this site, everyone that has valuable information or ideas is always willing to share it! You also get people like me that DON'T have any valuable info, but share everything anyway!! Hope that works out!

Don't underestimate yourself Derrick, you have a lot of good input here.

I have the 24SSLX with a F150, Performance Package with middle toon strakes only and a Reliance 15 pitch prop. Most owners are reporting seeing 40 mph @ 6000 rpm's with the Reliance 15 on this engine combination.

My engine is mounted 3/4" above the lowest point on the transom, which I assume is in the "second notch." Your engine may be running too deep in the water which creates drag.

The trick to getting speed is trimming the engine high enough to get the nosecones out of the water. I normally cruise with the engine about 3/4's the way up, and I sometimes get a little ventilation when taking off or turning sharp. (I like it this way.) If I was going to pull a tuber or needed sharp turns, I'd hit the down button on the trim for about 2 seconds to get the nose down, and it won't ventilate.

You may want to talk to your dealer about raising the engine one notch. Then trim the nose up, and you should see 40 mph. Right now, you're way off the normal speeds for your boat.

Back