On board knife

MrG

Reaction score
Hey I know most of you have a onboard knife on your boat. If you dont then you should.  Knives are some what personal prefferance and as long as you have one that gets the job done then your good to go. I thought I would share a pic of my'n 

Its a Benchmade 375 Adamas, in Desert Sand color.  They Also have them in black if your intrested. I like the fixed blade with the para cord handle. Nothing to rust and the cord has a loop in the end just big enough to slide onto my wrist so if you have a "Under water Adventure" you can attach it to your wrist. No risk of it going to davy jones locker.  Also comes with hard shell cary case for secure storage

They will custom laser etch for you as well. I payed $127 shipped from Knifeworks.com

3F12568E-8BCB-4DD3-B6C1-5A787477D062_zpscdmapioz.jpg

70DB3ABC-10E5-4A3C-980A-CBA365236DFC_zpsigtfi4z9.jpg

Should have gotten it for a fraction of that since it has a Typo on it with Bennington being misspelled. I mean Bunnington. :p

Reactions: ssc
You must have a pirate issue!!! I've never thought of bringing a knife on boad aside from the one in my pliers/multi tool to cut fishing line. What have you used yours for so far?

What have you used yours for so far?
Well on my other boat I had a rope get wrapped around my prop. It was during the 4th of july parade @ night. I had to do some Jacques Cousteau "underwater adventrue" These people had left a small tie off bouy (illegal) and my prop found it and got so wound up tight that it was a mess, I was so glad to have a knife so that I could quickly free myself other than Not having a spair set of clothes to change into it was not that big of a deal. 

I have several knives on board myself. Having boated and jet skied most of my adult life I have ran into the need many many times over the years for both my own needs as well as helping others out.

Well on my other boat I had a rope get wrapped around my prop. It was during the 4th of july parade @ night. I had to do some Jacques Cousteau "underwater adventrue" These people had left a small tie off bouy (illegal) and my prop found it and got so wound up tight that it was a mess, I was so glad to have a knife so that I could quickly free myself other than Not having a spair set of clothes to change into it was not that big of a deal. 

Good to know. I have an old knife my great grandfather made. Maybe I should pull that out and keep it on the boat. I might have to check the laws first for my area.

Yes and I even have knives and some small tools that I keep in the event some one needs one, like a leather man and if it gets dropped in the lake and lost no biggie.

I have two onboard. One is within my Leatherman and I have a small folder. I think it is a benchmade. For me they are a useful tool. I have many knives for different situations.

Cheers, Steve

Not a knife person but I carried one on duty for 28 yrs. ever since a 12 yr. old girl was killed in a Metro escalator in DC. She fell at the bottom of the escalator and her scarf got caught in the comb plate and she was strangled to death. If somebody on scene had a knife she could have been cut free.......Anyway that now 31 yr. old knife has been on my Benny since I retired but it has never been used...........

Note to self: Carry a knife when entering an elevator with a scarf on.

I too kept a cheap letherman's tool on the boat, only had to use it once to pull out a splinter I got from moving a log out of my slip.

JSUR it comes with the knife and a link to a YouTube video that shows you how to wrap it. You can even buy your own para cord in different colors and interlace them to add contrast ect.

Think I'll be buying one

I  have a utility knife in my boat's tool box. 

I always have 2 in my pocket, 1 is single bladed and the other is a Swiss Army knife, which has multiple blades.

When I was young, we saw a kid get his sneaker lace get caught in an escalator.  my Dad used his pocket knife to cut the shoe free.

As stated a knife to me is a tool. I have been attacked twice by idiots with a knife. So, it is good to have a big "tool" for the job. One of my favorite scenes:

Cheers, Steve

Back