Options for blank helm plate

Is there a preferred wiring method for powering this wireless phone charger? I am thinking I can just splice into the cigarette power line, it shouldn't be over the required amps on that fuse for accessory, right? I am a novice when it comes to this wiring so any help would be appreciated!
Why not just add “power” to back of accessory switch?

Just trying to make it as easy as possible, definitely an option cause I have a few open switches.

I had dealer quote a new dash panel for my 2020 SX22 so I could move my Garmin to the center of the dash, where tach is now, came back as $800+. I am looking for a replacement dash panel so I can fab my own. Can't find anything that has the bend like the factory does. My garmin was installed by the dealer in between the wheel and the factory smaller garmin unit. Any one had any luck finding a beington dealer to sell them the OEM dash panel that fits the garmin? 1651263864350.png

Attachments

• 20200627_183533.jpg
    20200627_183533.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 24
Went to the boat show last month and some of the new Bennington's (2023) have a glovebox in that panel area. I regret that I did not take a picture. Does anyone know how I could order one of those for self-installation?
Thanks!

Went to the boat show last month and some of the new Bennington's (2023) have a glovebox in that panel area. I regret that I did not take a picture. Does anyone know how I could order one of those for self-installation?
Thanks!
It’s a somewhat newer feature (maybe new on the 2022’s). To order any Bennington part or accessory that is new, you would go through a Bennington dealership parts department or service department.

If you don't mind cutting into your helm ,amazon has"glove boxes".

I would actually love this option. Have the Yamaha engine parameters up on the main and the nav map with depths on the lower console.
There is something to say about having 2 units. Its awesome. I love it. 1 unit shows all the graph data and the 2nd unit shows the GPS map. My old eyes can't hardly read the split screen and these units have their own wifi network so they are networked together and share data without having to create a NMEA network.
Just wish I could figure out how to mount another on the Benny.

Attachments

• Dual Lowrance units.jpg
    Dual Lowrance units.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 22
Thanks!
Mine leaks so bad I had to drill two holes so the water wouldn't get about the 12v plug.. poor planning!

They said it wasn't supposed to be waterproof. I questioned why 2 electrical outlet in a non waterproof container that will fill up with water? Only reply was wasn't waterproof

Can you hook up a hose ,( like the cup holders) so you can direct the water?

Back