Original pontoon cover

What year ? Depending on year it could still be under warranty .
If you have to buy ,best option is have a local dealer or canvas shop make one . If you have a choice of material get Sunbrella .

If its a defect ,its under warranty .
Here is the link to the warranty statement

Where can I find these to buy
Hello, would you be willing to share why you need a new cover and if it was covered under warranty? My 2021 cover leaks like crazy. I was informed that they are water resistant, not water proof but I feel like I have water pooling on the seats, in the lockers, on the dash, and glove box. Thanks.

Hello, would you be willing to share why you need a new cover and if it was covered under warranty? My 2021 cover leaks like crazy. I was informed that they are water resistant, not water proof but I feel like I have water pooling on the seats, in the lockers, on the dash, and glove box. Thanks.
Pbakk your cover is coming up on it's 3rd season and losing its ability to repel water. I used to use Starbrite waterproofing spray on our cover every other season and the water would bead up and run off like a just waxed car. I would lay it on our garage floor and spray it on, let it dry and spray it again to make sure I didn't miss any areas. It's worth a shot!

I also sprayed my cover every year. Warning; don’t do it on the boat as it can drip onto seats and stain. I draped it over my boat trailer, spray paying particular attention to spraying the seams, let dry and then a lighter second coat

Another Starbrite user here. I put mine across several sawhorses and sprayed it heavy. Next day I did it again. Never a drop of water got on my interior after doing so. And it looked better, too, as the Starbrite conditions it to some extent.

Thanks for the feedback. Didn’t realize that maintenance was required for covers, especially in the first few years.
EVERYTHING on a boat requires maintenance. I must have lost about 6 screws / bolts this year (bimini frame, siding, seat hinges), and found the engine bolts all loose. Now I check everything annually, engine bolts a few times per year (I know, I know - they say every trip - certainly will be doing a visiaul).

EVERYTHING on a boat requires maintenance. I must have lost about 6 screws / bolts this year (bimini frame, siding, seat hinges), and found the engine bolts all loose. Now I check everything annually, engine bolts a few times per year (I know, I know - they say every trip - certainly will be doing a visiaul).

Yikes (engine bolts). Double nut nyloc and hit it with some silicone or maybe even blue thread locker.

I understand that a boat is not maintenance free. However, I have to wonder about a quality priced boat if the cover doesn’t make it 3 years (and this is a cover that is not used while trailering) or if bolts are falling out. My last boat cover lasted over 10 years. Maybe just lucky.

Yikes (engine bolts). Double nut nyloc and hit it with some silicone or maybe even blue thread locker.
Right - don't know why I did not catch it when I picked the Benny up in 2020. Every Bennington in my marina has double nuts.

2020 was a weird year - seems like part of it was fine, then all of a sudden dealers got slammed and quality of installation and service went downhill. I'm sure part of it was them having to hire young pups to keep up with the workload and training was subpar. Parts availability probably another wrench in the gears.

I think we're about to see another roller coaster ride as inflation continues and recession takes hold - how do dealers handle it? Do they pay more interest on inventory going unsold? Do they lay off bodies in an attempt to keep profit margins? Cheap out in other areas or raise service prices?

I'm personally going to want to forget 2020-2023. Some overall crappy years for sure!

Back