Our Bennington

G

Geewest

I just thought I would share some pictures of our Boat.

This is what we started with. It's a 2575. With the 350 HO Mag. We have had it for about 4 years now.

benny7.jpg

The boat has been just awesome we love it. Bennington and our dealer Nor Cal Master Craft have taken care of us with pretty much anything and everything that has come up.

We have done a bunch of mod's to the boat and Ill try to show you everything that we have done to date. The boat came with the Rockford Fosgate stereo. It worked fine for about a year before it started having problems. It was a great system to start with and for most people Im sure it's fine but we wanted somthing a bit more so over this last winter I did a up grade of the boat sound system.

First thing I did was add a few extra Batterys,

This was the stock set up

batterybennington.jpg

I swapped out the Stock battery and went with 3 new AGM batterys 92 Amp Hr's each

benny6.jpg

I added a Electronic ACR Automatic Charge Relay. One battery is the Stock battery that starts the boat. The other 2 provide power for the stereo. As soon as the Key is off it removes the starting battery from the Battery line up. This way you cant drain your starting battery

I also Added a Pro-Mariner 3 bank 20amp on board charger.

I removed all the stock Rockford Fosgate interior speakers. And Replaced them with Polk MOMO CoAx speakers.

We Added a few extra speakers to the interior with a Grand total of 8 Polk MOMO interior Speakers

IMG_0449.jpg

Each speaker has a Plexy Ring around the speaker with RGB (color changing LED's)

IMG_0453.jpg

I was doing a Install on a friends boat and I got a chance to get his Orignal Clarion XMD5 Head unit and 2 Remote controls for a sweet deal. I have used the Clarion XMD series units before and had good luck with them so we installed them into the boat.

IMG_0450.jpg

I installed a ARC Audio EQ to control the interior Speakers & Control the Bass volume. Also I can switch off the interior speakers.

We spend alot of time in the water at the back of the boat. Many times we don't want sound in the boat. You don't want to have to blast the sound IN the boat just so it's loud enough in the water. Plus if some one wants to take a nap you can turn off the sound in the boat and still have sound at the back. The EQ gives you the choice via the Fader to choose where the sound is playing.

IMG_0451.jpg

I built and installed a box that holds 4 of the Polk MOMO interior speakers facing backwards.

IMG_0365.jpg

The box sits in the back cargo aera. I had to cut holes in the factory pannel. I them made a grill that somewhat covers the speakers from the sun and elements

The speakers are waterproof and have work well for me in other marine systems.

This where one of the Remotes ended up. I made a waterproof pod that glued to the underside of the swim deck that holds the remote. This works great for adjusting the volume with out having to get into the boat.

I installed the 2nd remote (in the Cup Holder) just off the swim pad

IMG_0456.jpg

This is a great location for a remote. If you laying on the sun pad you can adjust it no problem as well as sitting in the lounge.

All the Cup Holders have the same RGB LED's

The RGB's are great you can pick what ever color you like. When loading or un loading we choose White. They work great and are Super bright.

Last edited:
:D

All I can say is wow, just wow! Next words out of my mouth are:

Do you want to come tweak my sound and lighting??? :D :D :D

Seriously, it looks like a cool setup for some nice lighting and sound.

Geewest,

What a great job you did customizing your Bennington. Great looking toon. I really enjoy a good sound system and you have certainly put together a nice one there. Speakers off the stern while swimming, or lounging on a float is the cats meow.

Very Nice. I had Polk momos in my last boat and they sounded very good. Are you still running the Rockford amp? I will upgrading my stereo this fall and I'm looking for ideas. I really like the lights. I will probably go blue to match my lighted bimini. Oh, and the power set up is sweet.

I goofed, Here is the picture of the transome monted remote. This is in a Pod thats mounted to the underside of the Swim Deck

IMG_0366.jpg

BoomersDad: We removed the Stock Rockford Amps. They had issues. I will take some more pictures this week of the Amp Rack. But to do a quick break down

We are running 3 Amp's 2 JL M450-6's That power the Interior and the Transome. and 1 JL 500-1 That powers the 2 10inch sub's under the dash.

The Polk MOMO speakers sound and work Great. The down side is the crossovers can't take a bunch of power. Keep it under 100 watts per speaker and you will do fine.

IMG_0455.jpg

Underwater Lights:

IMG_0367.jpg

We are running 2 Shadow Caster SC10's

They are custom mounted in a Aluminum bar mounted to the log's. One light in each log

DSC04702-Copy.jpg

Sorry All the Pictures I took were when the lights were on Pink. But the Lights have the ability to change what ever color you like

IMG_0454.jpg

Sound and Lighting just round off and IMO only make time on the water better.

IMG_0369.jpg

Just a Quick Note: When we drive around we have the Rear Facing speakers OFF. It's a simple turn of the knob on the EQ, There is no reason to play music backwards to people who are not there.

Here are some pic's of the Light Bar install and the lights in action

ben1-1.jpg

ben2.jpg

ben4.jpg

DSC04644.jpg

DSC04653.jpg

DSC04676.jpg

Oooooo... Shiny! :unsure:

Back