Our New Bennington 22 SSI

RiverBill

Reaction score
Just up loaded some pictures of our new Bennington 22 SSI!

New XL package (3 tubes) with lifting stakes on all three tubes.

New Mercury 150 4 stroke Missing! (back ordered)

Center Tube Mounted Fuel Tank Missing! TB what's up with that?

Dealer: Sun Country Marine, Ontario Ca.

Waiting on the motor so we can get it in the water!

RiverBill

SSPX0083.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good! How in the heck are you missing the center fuel tank? That seems crazy!

Derrick

Derrick,

I don't know, dealer is trying to figure out what went wrong! Confirmed twice with Bennington about the center tube tank, boat shows up without the tank. Waiting to hear what they have to say!

RiverBill

So does it have just the regular deck mounted tank then? I thought you were meaning that it just doesn't have ANY tank, not that it's any better, but then it's a slip up in the ordering/production build as opposed to someone just forgetting to put in any kind of tank. As I said though, doesn't help you at all since now it has to be figured out. This is what scares me about waiting for my boat to arrive, hopefully it gets to the dealer next week and everything checks out, I don't want to wait LONGER for it!

Derrick

Boy, that's a bummer. No fuel tank and no motor!!!!! I bet you are dying to get it on the water. I guess the dealer is going to have to take you out and paddle you around for test run.

Good luck and sorry for your disappointment.

Is the new Merc selling that well or do they have a problem being worked out? I'm really rooting for a top notch U.S. made motor. Steve

Derrick,

It has the Top mounted fuel tank, not sure what can be done now. Motor due in today. Hope to be on the water next week!

RiverBill

After you get your engine broken in, we'd be interested in how the engine performs.

My local dealer sold 10 boats with the 150 Fourstroke, and still has 5 in stock. He's getting very good feedback on the motors, however.

Too bad about the screwup on the fuel tank. There are pros and cons of it being there, however. It'll probably be easier to deal with if you ever need to drain the tank--in the Fall.

Bamaman,

We are in Southern California, we use our boats all year!Lol No draining of the fuel tanks. I liked the center tube mounted tank on my Bennington I/O. Guess not much can be done now. Waiting to see what Bennington has to say.

RiverBill

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally wouldn't accept the boat. It's not what you ordered.

Well looks like I will be keeping the 22SSI, Bennington make me a offer I can't refuse!

Now all we need is the new 150 Mercury to get it on water!

Thanks Bennington VP sales for working the issues out!

RiverBill

Well looks like I will be keeping the 22SSI, Bennington make me a offer I can't refuse!

Now all we need is the new 150 Mercury to get it on water!

Thanks Bennington VP sales for working the issues out!

RiverBill
Well, once again it seems Bennington has stepped to the plate to please a customer. That's why we're waiting our second bennie

Derrick

Back