PADS.

McZiggy

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade my 21SLX. My dealer has a leftover 2014 2550 GSRB on his show floor ready to go. F150 with express tube and strakes. Pretty much all the options.

Is there anybody out there with the 27' boat have any experience with performance. According to dry weight it's very similar to boats like bamaman's 24slx and he can hit 40. Does the extra length cut down on speed? Or does the extra length cut down on speed? I want to be able to load the boat and still comfortably cruise at 30 without having to have it maxed out. Thanks!

On a 25' boat with a 150, if you have it loaded with a bunch of adults and want to do 30mph, you'll have the hammer down.

Not sure to be honest. Something with Derrik and always upgrading.

That G, depending on floor plan and equipment, is probably going to be quite a bit heavier than Bamaman's 24S, which would be the quickest with a 150, 40+ mph.

I have a 150 on my 2275 GCW with the ESP and can't hit 40 with an empty boat. Loaded with adults ( 12 out to dinner the other night ) we cruised at 20 no problem, doubt I could've hit 30 even if I wanted to. RPM was already at 4500

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be shocked if you got that speed. Mine is a 2550GSR ESP with F250XA and it only hits 45 with 3 people and gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the v6 F200XA and I can barely hit 40 with an empty boat on my 2275 GCW with ESP. Probably could get a little over it if I were at lower elevation though. With a heavily loaded boat I'm usually in the low to mid 30's. I agree that it will be slower than a 24' S. 

That G, depending on floor plan and equipment, is probably going to be quite a bit heavier than Bamaman's 24S, which would be the quickest with a 150, 40+ mph.
I checked the Bennington site at Hull weights. His and the 2550 GSRB weigh within 50 pounds of each other. This boat is loaded with extras such as two bow filler seats, as well as other things. So maybe 300 pounds more?

I checked the Bennington site at Hull weights. His and the 2550 GSRB weigh within 50 pounds of each other. This boat is loaded with extras such as two bow filler seats, as well as other things. So maybe 300 pounds more?
The real world measured weights (on CAT scales) don't really match the Bennington spec very closely, for a variety of reasons related to initial certification and then the many option/layouts they offer as they go along.

I have the v6 F200XA and I can barely hit 40 with an empty boat on my 2275 GCW with ESP. Probably could get a little over it if I were at lower elevation though. With a heavily loaded boat I'm usually in the low to mid 30's. I agree that it will be slower than a 24' S.
Hey Nick, question. Is your boat Champagne or Bronze? The boat I'm looking at is Bronze with Black accent. Trying to get an idea what it would look like (dealer is 150 miles away.)

Mine is champagne with blue accent. 

I like the other meaning of PADs too... Pontoon Acquisition Disorder. 

Back