Paint touch up for scratched aluminum side panels

Douglas C Tilt

Reaction score
I have a 2nd hand beautifully maintined 2006 Bennington Supersport 2075 GL pontoon boat. It has several superficial scratches on the outside aluminum panels surrounding the deck. The color is white. How can I get the name/Id of the original paint color and where is a good place to order a small amount of touch up paint.

thank you!

Doug 'Tilt

Hey Doug welcome to the forum! We had a 2004 Bennington 2275RL. I used to wax the crap out of it but over the 12 yrs. we had it it still faded a bit with that sun beating on it! I also was looking for some touch up paint and the local Bennington dealer told me it wouldn't do any good because the original color wouldn't match the faded overall color. Makes sense. We ended up covering the entire boat with a high quality vinyl wrap!

Hey Doug welcome to the forum! We had a 2004 Bennington 2275RL. I used to wax the crap out of it but over the 12 yrs. we had it it still faded a bit with that sun beating on it! I also was looking for some touch up paint and the local Bennington dealer told me it wouldn't do any good because the original color wouldn't match the faded overall color. Makes sense. We ended up covering the entire boat with a high quality vinyl wrap!
Thank you Daril . I will keep trying.....mildly mismatched white paint not as obvious as raw metal! Just being a little obsessive.

Doug

Thank you Daril . I will keep trying.....mildly mismatched white paint not as obvious as raw metal! Just being a little obsessive.

Doug
Check with your dealer parts dept. Mine had access to touch up paint....

If you can swing it by a good body shop they may be able to match as close as possible and mix you some? The black on my 2018 was the same black on 2015 Ram coincidentally.

If you have a trailer ,most body shops now can do a computer match that even takes into account fading . On my 2020 ,I had my motor custom painted at a local shop .My dealer took his Bennington sample of my paint color along with the motor panels to be painted .They matched it perfectly .

New to the forum and thinking about a wrap on my 2007 2275. Metal is in good shape, but factory decals are fading. I’m curious as to how yours is holding up? Id also be interested in a ball park cost to have it wrapped? Thanks in advance…WTC

New to the forum and thinking about a wrap on my 2007 2275. Metal is in good shape, but factory decals are fading. I’m curious as to how yours is holding up? Id also be interested in a ball park cost to have it wrapped? Thanks in advance…WTC
Hey WTC. We sold the boat at the beginning of the pandemic in 2020. But the wrap was in like new shape when we sold it. It's a pretty durable heavy gauge vinyl and if I ever had to do it again I wouldn't hesitate. They will remove the fading decals and start with a clean slate. You can pretty much design what you want, they'll print it out and will install to your satisfaction. For our 2275 RL in 2016/2017 it cost us $2000 but they had a 10% off Christmas special so $1800......Let us know what you do. Where do you boat?

Just to add my $.02, we had a wrap on our 2001 Benny and it looked fantastic. Be advised, however, the wrap is just a giant high quality bumper sticker. We ended up with lots of dings and blemishes in ours after 7 years. But we used that boat a lot and tied up every weekend with our friends. So stuff happens.

Back