Parts For Sale / Parts Wanted

qapd

Reaction score
How about a section of Parts For Sale / Parts Wanted

As much as the guys like to work on and rebuild these crafts might be some interest in creating this section.

X2^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :D

Many sites have a marketplace section. I think it would be an excellent addition to the Bennington site. A prop section would be great!

OK, we'll see if we can set up a few rules and start a Parts and Pieces Marketplace area...thanks for the suggestion! TB

TB any idea when this might be set up? Here are the rules from another site I visit.

READ THIS FIRST-ad removal/missing ad questions/editing/price/updated

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every few days, the classifieds are updated and all "sold" ads are removed. When you want your ad removed (for whatever reason), please make a final, followup post with the word sold or delete or remove in it. It takes way too much time to remove them via personal requests or PM's and this feature is much easier and quicker to use.

All posts with ttt or bump in them are removed when found. It's not necessary to "bump" posts, and it wastes bandwidth. If you have new information to add, as in a lower price, or more pictures, then making a followup post is fine. Bumping just to get something to the top is frowned upon and WILL result in your ad being removed.

All ads over 30 days old are removed automatically every few days.

If your ad gets removed, feel free to repost it, and best of all, it's still free of charge.

Do NOT email me, PM me or post about missing ads.

If you can't read the directions, I can't help you. This is a free service and doesn't include custom user support. If you are selling something, include a price. It's silly to play games about that, just post it to begin with. Editing is limited to 20 minutes from the time of the original post. If you need to update something, just make a followup post in the same thread. Original posters can add to/respond to threads they start.

Ok, this helps. How about a link to one of these sites?

Last edited:
We ran into a few snags with this one...sorry. Maybe some day sooner than later we can try again.

We ran into a few snags with this one...sorry. Maybe some day sooner than later we can try again.
Bumping to see if the sooner day showed up yet ...... :D

Also still patiently waiting. Can you predict a date we might have this?

Me too. B)

With the new site, does this mean we might get a Parts For Sale / Parts Wanted section soon?

It sure would be nice!

Hi guys, guess we need to explain the stance here. Originally, this TB voice thought the service would be a fine idea for Club members (still do), but TB was outvoted by a consensus of teammates who believe the forum should in no way be used for buying/selling/swapping of any kind, whether it be new boats, used boats, parts or accessories. TB has seen members post information on products they have found useful or wish to question, and we have let those posts stand.

In the near future, you will see the Club Bennington site with a new homepage...the forum will be just one element in a bigger Club application. At that time, one of the things you will notice is links and offers from several of our approved marine partners, but these partners will not be allowed in the forum area.

TB knows it's not what some of you want to hear, but that's it in a nutshell. Thanks, TB

Back