Pedestal swap

BWT

Reaction score
I'm new to the group so I apologize if there is an older thread regarding this topic but does anyone know how to access the screws under the pedestal post? I'm changing out the base for a taller post and the screws must have a nut/washer under the deck but cant figure out how to access them. I have a 2018 23' RSB Thanks in advance!

If you have a wave shield ,that would most likely have to come off .If you have an elevated helm ,I have no clue how to access that .

If you have a wave shield ,that would most likely have to come off .If you have an elevated helm ,I have no clue how to access that .
Thanks Jack for quick response. I have an elevated helm so I'll dig into it further and see what can be done. Thanks!

Some have put something directly between the seat and post to raise the seat. I’m planning on using a aluminum block. I will first see what I need with a 2X8 piece of wood and then have it done in aluminum. Aluminum guy says he has scraps that should work : for cheap!

I need to raise about 4" and bought the correct post but the screws just spin when trying to take them out of the standard base plate. I'm guessing there are nuts/washers under the platform which is why the screws are spinning. I just need to get the screws out ...nothing is ever easy! lol

Can you get to them from inside of your helm ?

I just spoke to a Bennington rep and he said the only way to access the screws are through the bottom of the boat. You need to take off the aluminium sheeting between the pontoons. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks guys!

Back