Peeked in on my sleeping Bennie today

goldnrod24

Reaction score
In the midst of a warming trend here in northern Michigan, I was able to walk to the barn where my Bennie is hibernating for the winter.

I opened the overhead door and she is sleeping peacefully and looking just like I left her in November.

Come on summer!

Sure can't get here fast enough. Funny how we beg for time to rush this time of year only to whine when summer fades.

I'm getting anxious for summer as well.  This will be my first summer with my new Benny so I'm very much looking forward to it.  Typically, it starts to warm up nicely around mid February into March in Lake Havasu City (AZ) so once it hits the 80 mark I'll be launching.

Shrink wrapped mine for the first time ever so there's no peeking for me..............new cover in the spring!

Sorry that you guys only get to peek at yours. The little wife and I launched ours on Saturday. 76* and only pretty puffy clouds in the sky. A little windy, but it was out of the south so we just stayed along the south dam and was out of the waves and wind. Great day.

Last edited by a moderator:
In 2 months the ice should be coming off. :mellow:

In 3 months we'll be starting to think about boating. :rolleyes:

In 4 months it will be NICE boating weather! :D

In the midst of a warming trend here in northern Michigan, I was able to walk to the barn where my Bennie is hibernating for the winter.

I opened the overhead door and she is sleeping peacefully and looking just like I left her in November.

Come on summer!
Mine is shrink wrapped in the yard snowbound but I have still peeked under rear end to check it out;-)

In 2 months the ice should be coming off. :mellow:

In 3 months we'll be starting to think about boating. :rolleyes:

In 4 months it will be NICE boating weather! :D

And in 5 months, you'll be wrapping it back up for winter. :D

I would love to visit the north, with my Jeep, when the snow is on the ground, but after seeing what you guys go through every year, I don't want to live up there. I'll stay down here where we get all four of our seasons within a week period. 

Spent the afternoon on the river. Beautiful day for a toon cruise.

Went back to New England last weekend. The weather was good BUT COLD. Now I know why we mover to SC. When we got home Mon. the warmer air was a delight. Trimmed the Rose bushes yesterday 70 degrees+. Looked under the shrink wrap I had this thought of taking it off but I guess I'll wait for one more week. Then Its 303 water proof  time for the cover and March 23 it's launch time for 2016. Can't wait.

Have to say it has been a mild winter here

We have had some cold nights and even some snow 

But 

Thanks to El Nino amazingly mild

Wish every winter was like this :)

127812334.jpg

This was February at The Lake

And just yesterday March 1st Temp was 61 F 

Not a Bad Winter at all 

Looks like the birds aren't complaining either.

Of course they aren't complaining Pittsburgh said they were having "cod" nights
Being observant is a great trait 

Being in a hurry is a bad trait (lol)

I fixed the typo 

I think the Local Eagles would enjoy Cod more than the Geese

Unfortunately we would have to live on the Atlantic or Pacific Coast for Cod 

Honestly I love the ocean but enjoy boating on the lake more :)

African_fish_eagle_just_caught_fish.jpg

We saw an eagle do this at a lake in Minnesota a couple years ago.  It was amazing to see.  Happened quick and he was gone.  I remember the eagle had a hard time gaining altitude to get over a treeline due to the weight of the big fish he was carrying, but it was an awesome sight.  Even if I had a camera in my hand at the time, I would have missed the shot.  Great picture.

Back