Perfect day on Lake Norman ....

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Absolute beautiful day on Lake Norman. About 82 degrees low humidity and from about noon to about 430p hardly any boats. Love boating during the week but being Friday they started coming out about 430. What a difference. We went to a restaurant ordered take out and sat on the boat and had a nice dinner. Put the boat away about 800p. That's what it's all about!!!IMG_20210604_164156097_HDR.jpg

BigD have you been to the waterfront restaurant Hello Sailor, in Cornelius? We liked it better when it was the Rusty Rudder. But that's where we went today .....

Sounds like an awesome day. About perfect weather (I would prefer mid to upper 80's), and not many boats followed by a waterfront meal. Those are the days we all dream about. Hopefully you have many more of these days throughout the rest of this year!

Sounds like an awesome day. About perfect weather (I would prefer mid to upper 80's), and not many boats followed by a waterfront meal. Those are the days we all dream about. Hopefully you have many more of these days throughout the rest of this year!
Thx Lay Lake! It's been a relatively cool spring but we're ready to go now! Water temp was 80. A tad chilly when you first got in but was fine once you got used to it! We have the skis onboard but haven't used them yet. C'mon summer!!!

BigD have you been to the waterfront restaurant Hello Sailor, in Cornelius? We liked it better when it was the Rusty Rudder. But that's where we went today .....
We have not. Haven't been anywhere lately. Wife just had full knee replacement in April, but we're getting real close...like tomorrow close. Lol

We have not. Haven't been anywhere lately. Wife just had full knee replacement in April, but we're getting real close...like tomorrow close. Lol
Hope your wife has a speedy recovery!!!

On our annual trip to Florida we always stop At Eddys on Lake Norman and i dream of pontooning on that Lake
Yes love that place! The only thing we don't like is that if you go there by boat you have to go under a bridge. (We hate to take our double Bimini down) Also there are no slips. You have to beach your boat. Other than that...... Great restaurant!!! When do you usually swing through here?!?

Absolute beautiful day on Lake Norman. About 82 degrees low humidity and from about noon to about 430p hardly any boats. Love boating during the week but being Friday they started coming out about 430. What a difference. We went to a restaurant ordered take out and sat on the boat and had a nice dinner. Put the boat away about 800p. That's what it's all about!!!View attachment 30146
Daril, are you rockin' a South Bay now?

9:30 am Sunday morning. First time on the water with the Ohio boat since covid shutdowns. Boat handled 1 1/2 years of storage well. We had a great morning then got off the lake before the afternoon rush. It felt great.
PXL_20210606_141251359.jpg

9:30 am Sunday morning. First time on the water with the Ohio boat since covid shutdowns. Boat handled 1 1/2 years of storage well. We had a great morning then got off the lake before the afternoon rush. It felt great.
View attachment 30148
Looked like a great day! What's your water temp?!?

That’s fantastic! Looks like it was a great day for it.

72 degrees. Lake Cumberland was 68 last week. Summer is coming!

I'm guessing it's 80 at Lake Norman ? That about right, BigKahuna ? It was just a degree or so shy of that at Smith Mountain yesterday.

I'm guessing it's 80 at Lake Norman ? That about right, BigKahuna ? It was just a degree or so shy of that at Smith Mountain yesterday.
Yup you hit it right on the nail. It was exactly 80 degrees on Friday. It was a tad chilly when we first got in but got used to it pretty quickly! It'll get warmer!

Yes love that place! The only thing we don't like is that if you go there by boat you have to go under a bridge. (We hate to take our double Bimini down) Also there are no slips. You have to beach your boat. Other than that...... Great restaurant!!! When do you usually swing through here?!?
Usually mid March and the mid April on the way up North. your right about the bridge and having to beach your boat. I don’t think I would like that either.

Back