Perhaps some good news on Ethanol

Jack M

Reaction score
About time. Wonder what will happen to the subsidies being paid to the farmers and pocket that will fall in.

Next, how about bringing back normal gas cans vs these EPA ones that cause more spills, waste, and hazards then old rotten steel cans ever did.

Amen on the gas cans. I see where they now are saying the plastic ones have a danger of explosion. That seems a lot safer !!

The EPA-mandated cans are great for storing gas--pretty much permanently. You can't empty one without a LONG wait. I'll bet there are more injuries with the new cans because people start looking for ways around the spout. I still have a couple of the old vented cans, they are so much faster. As for the ethanol mandate, everyone would be better off without it. States would have to change some laws too.

+1 for no ethanol and +1 for bringing back the old cans. I have a small one for my leaf blower and I have to take the entire spout off to get any gas to come off, or have three of my neighbors come over to help hold/twist and push the nozzle so gas will flow.

Two words: super siphon. With one of those you don't have to mess with those screwy nozzles. Just prop your can up higher than the tank and let gravity do the work. Also, scaling back the push to ethanol is due.

I use one for fueling the boat, but for a leaf blower I'd have to remove it after about .03 seconds before I'm just overflowing the tiny tank and making a huge mess. I was actually envisioning a larger scale super siphon to flood an ice rink using lake water. I wonder if one of these exists, and if not this post will serve as my copyright/patent!!

More oil out of the ground will do nothing to drop our prices. The EPA has not allowed a new refinery to built for years. Too expensive and too many regulations.

Hence, every time the wind blows near the Gulf prices go up.

Ethanol surcharges, actually raised our prices here in the Central and Midwest. Also caused more engine problems on everything non automotive post 2001 than any additive in history.

I for one will be happy to buy pump gas vs race fuel for my Bikes and 4 Wheelers again.

+1 for no ethanol and +1 for bringing back the old cans. I have a small one for my leaf blower and I have to take the entire spout off to get any gas to come off, or have three of my neighbors come over to help hold/twist and push the nozzle so gas will flow.
AMEN- spilt a ton trying to fill my snow blower the other day. Consider myself pretty handy, but four neighbors and a bible, still no luck

What's a SNOW BLOWER?

52b4a1baa269d.preview-300.jpg
snow_blower2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back