Pet Thread

Friar

Reaction score
Didn't want to completely hijack the other tiedown strap thread talking about dog pictures :) . I think we need a whole improved way to post and share pictures on this site.

Anyway just posted a pic of our Shih Tzu named Meili. Actually I don't think she really likes being on the boat, pretty much just lays next to me or my wife hoping we will get done and go home!

Dogs aren't allowed on my boat. :unsure:

My Greyhound LOVES the Benny, she is just the right height to look out thru the door rails, and besides, she is part of the family.

Last edited by a moderator:
My niece has a dashund dog. He has his own life preserver and the whole nine yards. I guess I would have to say he is the family boat dog for us. He is at ease on all the boats in our family.

Our pontoon is for the dogs. We have 3 lab mixes and they get at least one day out on the boat each time we are at the lake. One of the options we got was the vinyl floor with snap in carpeting. Makes it easy to clean up after a weekend of play.

Our pup, Chewie, rides along, but has more fun when we bank up. You know, new things to sniff and mark. Otherwise, he just finds a comfy spot to lay, and waits for us to break out the snacks!

I have 150 lb Great Dane named Boomer. Hence my screen name Boomersdad :D Boomer does not like the boat. Scares the heck out of him and I do not like trying to drive a boat with a 150 lb dog sitting in my lap :eek:

No one takes their cats?

When we get our new boat, I'm planning to take our cat for a ride.

Along with a rope...

And an anchor...

:p

Here is a pic of our kid "Middy", a female 3 year old Red/Blue heeler cross and one with with Mrs. Wild and Free. :p

We can't get out of the yard with the boat without her in the box. She will absolutely not be left behind, When we do she has the most heart breaking look on her face as we pull out, she Totally loves being on the boat.

4th of July and new toon 057.JPG

4th of July and new toon 063.JPG

here is our new puppy 4 months old and loves the boat

IMG_0090-1.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

and here is our kitty

IMG_0267.jpg

Our previous Alaskan Malamute loved going out on our old Bennington. He would get upset when he knew we were going out and he wasnt going. We unfortunately lost him earlier this year and we now have a 7 month old female Malamute. We were sure she'd love the boat but she is afraid to go down the stairs to our dock for some reason though, but she has no issues with stairs in the house. Well maybe by spring we'll get her out on the new 2275GCW.

You know, I wondered about dog claws/nails and the vinyl seats... Are all your dogs trained well enough to stay off the seats? Or is the vinyl Bennington uses really that tough?

We had no problems with our old Crest pontoon and those seat were really sun beaten. Not a mark on the Benny, but it's only been one summer...

You know, I wondered about dog claws/nails and the vinyl seats... Are all your dogs trained well enough to stay off the seats? Or is the vinyl Bennington uses really that tough?
my puppy is trained to stay off furniture,but I have friends that let their dogs run all over the furniture on the boat

Ron

I have 2 dogs, 105lbs and 75lbs, as a rule they aren't allowed on the seats, that being said, sometimes the wife allows them up. We usually just take a towel and set it on the seat. Now that being said, my one dog feels like she is the Ultimate Fly hunter, and feels the need to lunge at them flying by! Which usually ends with her front paws on the seat! Never had any problem, so yeah I would say the seats are quite durable.

We have a golden retriever who hates car rides but loves the boat. I guess it's due go the boat being open instead of closed in. I was also concerned about the vinyl. He is pretty well behaved but does get excited and will sometimes put his front paws on the seats. I got him some dog boots from pet smart. They are easy to put on and have a rubber bottom. Fortunately, he does not mind them at all.

Haha, my dogs are hilarious with those on!! They refuse to put their paws down! We got them for walking in the winter time, but mostly they just hop around on three legs trying to shake them off!! Hehe fun to watch though!!

Back