Picked Up Our First Kneeboard for the Bennington!

+1 on the truck/tractor inner-tube learning. I remember rolling that big think down the hill and chasing after it. The tube would have a "waist-line" from being pulled so much.

My first sand box was an old painted tractor tire, and my first swing was an old car tire. LOL

Funnest tube we ever had was an old tractor tube.  Wrapped duct tape around the tube to hide the long brass valve stem.  Pulled it behind the jet boat at insane speeds.  We could launch people off the tube when hitting the wake.  No hand holds.  Inside of your arms raw from holding on.  People lost swim trucks when coming off.  Fortunately, we saw the lady wrap the tow rope around her wrist before we started to pull.  Had a guy bet me that that I could not dump him off the tube.  He lost.  Tube exploded one day and we never found another one that worked as well, then they started making  them with the canvas wraps. 

we would tie a ski rope around it so we could use the handle, when you would swing outside the wake you went airborne and maybe just your toes would drag the water, fun times. Same here, I have the modern inflatables now, my daughter had some friends at the lake last year, one of the guys worked out a lot & said I could not throw him off (he did not know I was old school) whipped him left then right to see what was his weak side then put the gas to it and away he goes, lol funny

That looks like fun Lakeliving but must be hard on the knees

Mark ,Did you notice ,no Tee Shirt ?

Actually it isn't hard on the knees. You kind of sit on your legs. Where it gets me is holding on to the handle for too long. And you can see some of my gut so no shirt!

I'm recovering from a total knee replacement right now and that video made me cringe the whole time! I am hoping to get up on the wakeboard next year though.

Back