Plagiarism the most sincere form of flattery

G

Geewest

Looks like they took the rail system on a Bennington and turned it upside down.

southbay2_zps796243d5.jpg

southbay_zps9bf4eafb.jpg

Grant, alot of these SB's are showing up on our lake. Haven't looked at one close but surely they can't be as nice as a Benny. Steve

Yea I saw one on Lake Tahoe. The rails look'd like they copied them directley from Bennington, I guess you cant blame them because the Benningtons look so nice, My guess is that many more lower end boats will copy Benningtons styling and before long we will have a whole fleet of look a likes with rear facing loungers and Art Deco style rails.

Chances are they still won't get the Bennington service experience though B)

Actually, it's quite the opposite. South Bay has built em that way for a few years now. Premier and a few others have had the dual / triple colored panels. The X rails had already been done by Xcursion / South Bay. Kinda like the port side captains chair being put next to the drivers helm. Premier did it last year, Bennington is offering it for 2013. Xcursion offered full stern seatimg last year. Guess who used that concept for 2013??. Bennington has been behind on a few things and ahead on others. It's common practice in the industry for one manufacturer to follow suite with what others are doing to satisfy consumer demands. It's a good thing, not bad.

No Yellow.....mistake, big mistake. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's common practice in the industry for one manufacturer to follow suite with what others are doing to satisfy consumer demands.
It's the same with automobiles. My job takes me to the Volvo Advanced Concepts Center in California on occasion and I've seen their

engineers tearing apart rental cars to see how the other manufacturers do things. Last time I was there I saw a Ford with the whole dash ripped out and engineers taking pictures and measurements of everything. Want to own a Volvo of the future? Just buy any other brand today.

Although our Bennington is the only pontoon boat I've ever had.........I've seen so many other manufacturers beautiful pontoon boats on our lake and at boat shows. Premier, Harris Flote Boats, and JC all come to mind.........

Xcursion is the new kid on the block that's gonna make waves for the Bennington S models once people take notice. Take a hard look at one. Impressive for the money.

It's going to be hard for most company's to offer a quality product at a lower price and Still offer the customer support and warranty that bennington offers. Our first boat 2275 R bennington took care of EVERYTHING that ever went wrong with it, vinyl Bimini ect we were so impressed with how they stood behind everything it' was very easy to buy from them again. Yes you pay a premium but you get what u pay for. Example . I drive a Prius my wife drives a Lexus. Both made by Toyota. My wife's car cost a bit more then my'n . When my wife drops her car off for service they give her a new loaner Lexus and when she picks up her car it's washed and good to go. She can drop it off with no appointment at any time. Now with my Prius you have to rent ur own loaner car and u need an appointment and they almost always get me for $300-400 worth of service. And the thought of them washing ur car!!!

This quote fits: long after price is forgotten Quality is rememberd!! I will stay loyal to company's that stand behind their product even when they don't have to

Where do they sell those Bennington blinders, I can't find them on the website anywhere???LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Xcursion is the new kid on the block that's gonna make waves for the Bennington S models once people take notice. Take a hard look at one. Impressive for the money.
I took your advice and looked hard at the Xcursion pontoon series and here is what I saw:

-They do not connect their ladders to the pontoon for additional support and stregth

-The ski tow bar is not braced to the transom for added strength

-The doors did not have full length hinges

-The bimini top uses those metal push to connect fittings that rattle alot

-The dash looks dated

-The gauge of the metal on the transom looks half the size as a Bennington

-The pontoons do not look like they are cross braced to the framing

-They only offer Mercury motors

-The warranty on the deck is worded like they only cover parts

Does not even compare to a Bennington in my book. I got all this by looking at the small pictures they supply on their website.

While it may not be comparable to a G or R model, the Xcursion competes with the S model quite easily. I know of one Bennington dealer who wants to aquire Xcursion after seeing them.

Ben, TB wonders if you actually WORK for another manufacturer! Forest River builds three brands, all alike except for pricing and cosmetics. They are often priced less than a Bennington, but are built on a cheaper frame with lesser quality fittings. That's okay for some folks, no problem understanding that. Word on the street is that service from mfr to dealer AFTER the sale is dismal at best. That's where the rubber hits the road.

I love going to the boat shows and dragging my kids around to other pontoon manufacturers and pointing out how generally Bennington is superior regarding a particular fitting, railing, finish, etc. Maybe not to put the others down, but to reinforce my being on my 3rd Bennington. Gerry

Ben, TB wonders if you actually WORK for another manufacturer! Forest River builds three brands, all alike except for pricing and cosmetics. They are often priced less than a Bennington, but are built on a cheaper frame with lesser quality fittings. That's okay for some folks, no problem understanding that. Word on the street is that service from mfr to dealer AFTER the sale is dismal at best. That's where the rubber hits the road.
TB, I'm not sure just how that comment was meant to be taken. I dispel a few plagiarism claims and mention another competitor and what do I get.....chastised by the big Kahuna! :lol: All else spoken like a true salesman /rep as would be expected.

The subject of other manufacturers should not be taboo on this site, but it sure seems to get some folks panties in a bunch. ;)

I like my Bennington, but I refuse to show a blind eye to the competition.

TB, I'm not sure just how that comment was meant to be taken. I dispel a few plagiarism claims and mention another competitor and what do I get.....chastised by the big Kahuna! :lol: All else spoken like a true salesman /rep as would be expected.

The subject of other manufacturers should not be taboo on this site, but it sure seems to get some folks panties in a bunch. ;)

I like my Bennington, but I refuse to show a blind eye to the competition.
I pick up that vibe every time I mention the need for dent resistant panels here too..............Sheesh. :unsure:

I pick up that vibe every time I mention the need for dent resistant panels here too..............Sheesh. :unsure:
They are dent resistant, if ya don't hit them they don't dent!!Haha :D

Derrick

Someone needs to take Mother Natures Golf equipment away! :lol: I swear my pontoons are the target for the driving range. :p

Yep great fantastic boat and but can atest to dent free front panels. Small wave dented mine wouldnt mind paying a little more for dentless panels. And still need to address messy wiring under helm. Mr Rubber hits the road......

Back