Plumbing

Jpzeroday

Reaction score
Benningtonites,

I have ordered one of these:

Jabsco HotShot Series Automatic Washdown Pump w/25' HoseCoil - 6.0GPM - 70psi - 12VDC
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006KRTMRY/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As we primarily boat in desert fresh water lakes, I'm having visions of unlimited water supply for hosing off the young ones, etc. Questions:

1. Anyone install a Jabsco system or similar? How did it go?
  2. I have a 2575 QWC arriving next week. Any suggestions on which compartment I should mount the pump?
  3. Is there any easy way or best practice for routing the intake hose from the pump to below the water line. Was considering running it down to one of the LED brackets on the pontoon ends? Or next to the depth/fish finder transducer? 
  4. I was thinking about routing one outlet to the stern and one to the bow. Any suggestions on good locations for those outlets? I am planning to use stainless recessed outlet fixtures.
  5. For the bow outlet, I was thinking I could run the hose from the pump down through the deck and route it between the rough water package flashing and the underside of the deck. Doable?
  6. I have the power distribution panel. Does this have ports for hooking up accessories like this?
Thanks,

JP

Benningtonites,

I have ordered one of these:

Jabsco HotShot Series Automatic Washdown Pump w/25' HoseCoil - 6.0GPM - 70psi - 12VDC
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006KRTMRY/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As we primarily boat in desert fresh water lakes, I'm having visions of unlimited water supply for hosing off the young ones, etc. Questions:

1. Anyone install a Jabsco system or similar? How did it go?
  2. I have a 2575 QWC arriving next week. Any suggestions on which compartment I should mount the pump?
  3. Is there any easy way or best practice for routing the intake hose from the pump to below the water line. Was considering running it down to one of the LED brackets on the pontoon ends? Or next to the depth/fish finder transducer? 
  4. I was thinking about routing one outlet to the stern and one to the bow. Any suggestions on good locations for those outlets? I am planning to use stainless recessed outlet fixtures.
  5. For the bow outlet, I was thinking I could run the hose from the pump down through the deck and route it between the rough water package flashing and the underside of the deck. Doable?
  6. I have the power distribution panel. Does this have ports for hooking up accessories like this?
Thanks,

JP
#1 - nope I haven't 

#2 - how big is the pump? Bennington usually mounts the pump in the side of the starboard lounger, holes are already precut, and there are little knobs on the inside, then they have a screw on cover. I'm guessing yours is going to be slightly larger. I would look at the area behind the backrest of the lounger if you want to keep all your storage space, otherwise I would look at where your feet are when laying in the lounger. Did you get dual batteries on port side, or one on each? If both port, you will have to run a power feed over to your distribution panel. If one on each, you can just put a shutoff switch between the battery and hook directly, with a fused power of course. You could I suppose mount it under the port lounger backrest, there is room and it will make your power connections simple, but there is a little sticker on a plate warning of electrical items (ie spark) because of the fuel lines running through there. I'm sure it would be fine, but that is YOUR choice to make. 

#3 - normally they water pick up is run to that bracket on the back of the toon you were talking about. The livewell pumps actually sit inside of that space so the are protected and fully submerged. you should be able to run the pick up line out the floor under the foot portion of the lounger, there is a hole there for air and drainage (I assume it is also for drainage)

#4 - you can, might be a bit of a long run to the bow, not sure what kind of strain that may put on the pump, plus I'm assuming that if you are hosing off young ones, they will most likely be boarding on the rear, plus you will have vinyl/teak back there, unless it has full vinyl which I am sorry I can't remember if it did.

#5 - it would probably be easier to put it in some split loom and run it along the perimeter, but if you like spending a lot of time cursing and fishing a tape through, it is doable! :D  

#6 - yes

Hope this helps a little,  but remember, I'm not the smartest guy on here so I could be wrong!! Haha :D  

Derrick,

Awesome reply!!!! Thank so much. Great information.

JP

I plan on adding a Jabsco pump to mine, but I haven't had a chance yet to figure out how I'm going to do it. Today was the first day home with it, so I cleaned and applied Sharkhide, maybe tomorrow I'll have some time to scope it out.

Where are the pics???

I took some photos, and put the camera in my wife's car. She headed out of town for a day, so I'll have to post them tomorrow when she returns. My dealer left the pontoon set up with the full enclosure in his shop, so I got some good photos of that. I also have a few shots when I got home with it, when I was parking it at my shop, below my house in the corner of my property. Lots of customizing to do, so it will be there for a few weeks. My dealer, TriCounty Marine in Granite Falls, NC, did a great job rigging the boat. Great price on the whole purchase, as well as accessories, equipment, and labor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I'll mount my pump next to the battery under the stern starboard seat. The battery cables exit  there thru a boot, then thru a 4 inch hole and out a slot on the motor mount, and on to the Yamaha. There's room to run a pair of hoses to and from the pump, with a small manifold mounted inside the motor mount. I don't think it will be too difficult to route the hoses, and going this route will eliminate any need to cut or drill additional holes.

Also, I posted some photos of my new Bennington in my gallery.

Back