Poles for Cover

Dave Tampa

Reaction score
Tired of crappy telescopic poles that are $20 or so apiece...they last only so long.....

So, 3 pieces of 1" PVC, 5 ft each then measured to fit each spot, three tennis balls (one for each pole) and for $11 I have three poles that will never collapse.

Number each pole if you like as they are slightly different lengths depending on the spot under the cover each one goes...

I'll upload a pic soon.....

I'll be curious if they start to bow out from the pressure. Keep us updated and kudos for finding an alternate solution as that is dirt cheap to replace one a season if needed. I haven't had any issues with my factory ones though.

Yeah the bowing out is definitely something to keep an eye on, will keep y'all posted...

With every cover I've ever had I've marked each pole that goes into the exact same spot every time. So I never really used the telescoping feature except the 1st time to set it..... Never had any trouble with any of the poles...

With every cover I've ever had I've marked each pole that goes into the exact same spot every time. So I never really used the telescoping feature except the 1st time to set it..... Never had any trouble with any of the poles...

That's a great idea! I had to tighten the star bit screws on mine after 2 seasons. $25 EACH at the local dealership.

Back