Pontoon guards

These were discussed recently in a thread but can't remember the exact one. But it interested me to look at their website, but I can't get their dealer locator to work. There are none near me when I have it use my current location and it won't let me expand beyond 50 miles. I gave up looking but I really thought it may be worth a look.

Yea, I’m having a hard time finding a dealer near me also. It doesn’t look like you can buy it directly from them but I would want it professsionally installed anyway. Going to be doing more research on it will post anything I find.

Our dealer sells and installs them (Houghton Lake, MI). I’ve considered adding them on to our boat to help cover up a blemish defect on our toons near the side entry door.

If you do a search on these forums there are 2-3 post threads about about them over the past 1-2 years. “Michiman” on these forums is getting them added to his boat this year. He is planning to give all of us a user review as the summer season unfolds. We boat on the same lake, so I am very much looking forward to seeing his in person this summer - hint, hint.:D

I have them. They are worth the money. They still look brand new after a season in salt water. My dealer in Webster, MA sold and applied them when I bought the Benny.

Would you mind sharing the pricing? I may ask my dealer if they've ever considered offering this product. Thanks.

Would you mind sharing the pricing? I may ask my dealer if they've ever considered offering this product. Thanks.

I want to say I was quoted $2k-$2.5k in 2017 for them by our dealership. I want to say that is the range others have mentioned in previous posts as well.

Just so every one is aware .The wrap is above the waterline only .
This is a response I received from Vantage

Hi Jack,

Vantage warrants that the applied Pontoon Wrap will be free of defects in materials and manufacture including adhesion and cracking for (5) years from date of purchase. This warranty applies to above-the-waterline applications only. Below/under water applications are not covered under this warranty. Boatlifts, hoists, trailers, and beaching can cause issues under the waterline for the Film. Waterflow is also a concern.

We appreciate your interest in Vantage Protection Products! Please let me know if I can answer any other questions. I’m happy to help!

Have a great afternoon!

Lori Sayler | Office Manager

Vantage Resource Group

They seem like a great product and I really like the look! The price seems a little steep. I think I'll stick with the sharkhide. 2nd season and they look like its holding up very well.

As Jack mentioned above, this is only a cosmetic item for above the water line. For those looking at overall toon cleanliness due to water deposits, etc... you need to be thinking Sharkhide or some sort of ceramic coating.

I don't have the paperwork at this house, but I want to say about 1800, including a wrap. I also bought a trailer with the boat from this dealer, so I got a discount on the total buy

I just had this installed back in the middle of June so I can't really comment beyond saying that the Vantage product certainly covered up a botched acid wash. More to follow this fall...
IMG_2843.JPG

Sorry, I didn’t end up pulling the trigger this year so can’t give any feedback.

I had the Vantage wrap put on my toons this year so I can't really speak to longevity, but they did a great job of covering up my botched acid wash stains.

IMG_2843.JPG

Michiman,
I'm wondering about something. Although I'm a bit new to the pontoon/tri-toon world, I'm not new to the boating world. If the picture you're displaying is the boat represented by the description below..."2016 GCW ESP...…." , what I'm wondering is, WHERE is the RUB RAIL on your boat? I mean, again, I'm new to this stuff and, Bennington in particular but, ours is a '14 2550 RCL and it has a rub rail. It's not the end of the world if you don't have one but, I just glanced through our '14 Brochure and, every single model of the Benny has a rub rail on it. Just wondering.

Scott

Mine look like new after 2 seasons in salt water. My boat it in the water, tied to my dock all season and they still look good. If we travel and don't use the boat for a few weeks, we get some growth on the outside toon's guard (away from dock) but it comes off easily.

I had the Vantage wrap put on my toons this year so I can't really speak to longevity, but they did a great job of covering up my botched acid wash stains.

View attachment 25992

Looks great but in my case with having all the LED options I want my toons to reflect the light

Back